Chapter 12

Evelyn's Pov

I ate silently while I can feel Thomas gaze on me, the food was really good but I keep myself silent. I was so shock about half of the people from the village I live died in the same roof i am in now and the friend I always hang out to read books with me was no other than a Prince who I did not realised that he was getting obsessed with me every day.

These things are new to me, I cannot imagine myself living with the same roof with the devil who killed half of his people "Evelyn" I quickly turned my head up to look at Thomas who was staring at my every move every second.

He looks so scary, devil. I pressed my lips together "What is it?" I asks and Thomas stood up and walk to the chair beside me, looking away from him but he grabbed the chair i am in and pull it closer, infront of him "What's the problem?" He asks, I look at him in disbelief.

"Really, thomas? Whats the problem, well you are my problem! Taking the special persons in my life away from me? You hurted me! And that's not the only one. You lied to me and forced me to marry you, killing your own people and-" Thomas cutted me off by shoving a food in my mouth, widening my eyes.

Thomas chuckled at my reaction "You look so adorable with that face" he said, I munched the food quickly to speak again "how could you not be serious in this situation, I am not joking Thomas!" I said angrily, this guy is unbelievable. Acting like nothing happened first thing in the morning.

Thomas ate cabbage with a fork as he looked at me "Let me tell you, Evelyn. I love you and I dont care if you dont love me back but I will have you in the next 3 days" he said roughly, tears starts forming in my eyes. I stood up roughly "You're a monster" I said, turning around and left the dining room.

Thomas Pov

I chuckled and bite the side of my cheek, as if nothing happened but it hurted me. Evelyn needs to know she belongs to me and only me. I will kill everyone who's in my way that they will regret doing it.

Standing up from the seat and walked out from the Palace, taking a deep breathe and Commander Jack stood beside me "Anything wrong, sire?" He asks and I shook my head "Everything is perfect, Evelyn is here and I am so happy for the next 3 days to marry her" I said before Jack placed a cloak around my shoulder.

"I'm glad to see you this way, Sire and I hope no one will stop it" Jack said and I look at him, patting his back "You're the one who noticed this, that's why Father picked you to be the commander because you keep secrets and stay loyal, keep it that way" I said, before jumping on my horse. "Let's go and check the gates" I said. "Yes, Sire".

Evelyn's Pov

After a few minutes later of crying, I wipe my tears quickly as someone knocked on the door "Go away" I said, glaring at the door. "Don't worry, miss. I'm just here to clean you up" I quickly stood up and opened the door, revealing a maid.

She smiled at me "Your highness, I'm your personal maid. My name is Jessica and I am always here beside you to clean and dress you up" She said, I smiled at her "You dont need to call me that" I said.

Jessica shook her head and walked towards a small room beside the door "Let's start here" I nodded, walking inside and it was a beautiful luxury bathroom. I cannot describe how much beautiful this room is "Sit here and I'll add milk, rose in the water" I just followed what she said while I was admiring the room.

Jessica chuckled "I know, Your highness. When it was my first time being here I was so shock when I opened the bedroom and the bathroom, it was so beautiful like you're in the sky heavens" She said, I nodded with a smile. "It is, Jessica how long have you been here?" I asks.

She looked up for a second to think "When i was 7 years old, Mother forced me to work in this Palace so I can give her money but she died when I turned 10. So I had to do it alone and earned the money for myself" Jessica said, I hold her hand and give her a warm smile "I'm so sorry to hear that, I am also parentless so you are not alone" I said, she smiled.

"Thank you, now let me do my work or your Majesty will punish me" she said, I nodded and let her do her work. Some of me want to ask her what punishment they will recieve when they disobey but I keep myself silent.

I feel uncomfortable for someone to clean my body, I wanted to reject but this is her job and she seems to be used cleaning someones body too. I look down and plays with the bubbles of the water while Jessica rubs the bubble rose to my skin.

Later, I walked out of the bathroom with a robe. Also the robe looks so beautiful, I opened the closet and it was filled with beautiful dresses as well and I almost fainted. Checking every dresses if its really real. "Your highness, What do you want to wear?" She asks.

Looking of them one by one and picked the sky blue color dress, it fits me so well. Smiling and nodding at her "it fits well" I said and Jessica nodded, looking at my reflection in the mirror "You look so beautiful, your highness" she said, looking at her "stop calling me that, its uncomfortable" I said and adding with a chuckle.

Jessica, held her both hands as she looked back at me "You'll get used to it, your highness. The Prince is going to marry you in the next 3 days and I heard many of other kingdoms are coming here as well" she said, I'm getting more nervous.

"Please, Just call me Evelyn or Eve for short" I said with a small smile, Jessica slowly nodded "Alright, I'll call you that name in private but not publicly" I nodded, giving her thumbs up "Yep!" She chuckled and brushes my hair "hmm, then Eve how did you met our Prince?" Jessica asks.

I sighed and replayed the memory I had with him, back in the old days "well, I was in market one day a thief came and stole fruits as he began running away, I chased after him but he was fast so just seconds I lost him then found him again as I tackled him in the ground, I found out it was Thomas" I said, Jessica gasped while laughing and looked at me "what happened!"

I look around the room, trying to remember what next happened "oh, I called out for my friend Anne and told her that this man was a thief then she knocked him out" I said, laughing and Jessica as well "she's straight to the point what thief deserves!" She said, I nodded and chuckled. Oh how I missed my friends.

Thomas Pov

Looking around the bodies laying on the grass "What did I tell you about not letting someone to leave this kingdom!" I shouted angrily, The guards looked at each other "No, Your majesty its just the 2 of them!" He said, I signalled him to stop so I could stop myself from pulling that head off his shoulder.

Walking away and Jack came to give me the map of the other kingdom "They needed us, Your majesty because they cannot win the war" He said, I sipped my wine and quickly teared the letter "Let them be" I said coldly, Jack quickly held the paper infront of my face "This is our fight, your majesty and we cannot just let them suffer there."

Looking at Jack "Jack, I've never doubted you for a second. Brave warrior you are, I wanted to see what kind of person you are to me. Brave, loyal and a friend" I said, Jack chuckled "That's me, yes your majesty" he said. nodding my head as I walk to the tent and talked to my mens, to get ready for the great battle in the next 6 days.

Anne's Pov

We were in a random kingdom, we dont know if it is north or south and I thought maybe this was the near kingdom from Alynthi. "Here, soup. You must be a traveler, I would love to talk with you two but I must take care and make my baby sleep, help yourself" I nodded, and so does Carl "Thank you".

Drinking the soup, then I slowly feed Carl "Eat, You need strength Carl and you have to be strong to live" I said, Carl eats it and nods "I know, its just too hard to live without our one center friend" He said, I nodded and agreed

I sighed "Evelyn promised us that she'll escape as soon as possible, We just have to wait and be strong every day" I said, eating the food as well. Carl nodded as he drinks the soup, Evelyn was the reason why Carl and I were getting more closer.

And I cant bear to hear bad news of Evelyn, she promised to escape and be with us and when she promise. She does it even if its takes long.