Chapter 31

Evelyn's Pov

Helping Maya cleaned the floor, I keep myself quiet as she kept complaining "You are the Queen here, you should be chilling in your room. Oh no, if the master sees us. I'm dead meat" She said with a worried voice but louder.

I chuckled, holding her arm gently "Don't worry, he wont hurt you. I'll tell him more about you as my friend, If you get to know him well then you won't be thinking yourself as a dead meat" I said while shaking my head and continued to cleaned.

Maya frowned and looked up blankly for a minute as she think for a while "Well, I hope so. I cant imagine him before he met you, he was so cruel back then. Most of the servants were killed but yet the previous king cared not of us because in his eyes were just dirty floor mat" She said with a sad tone.

I took a deep sigh and patted her back, giving her a warmly smile "That was before, Maya. Yes, he did do those cruel things before but now he is changed" I replied honestly, Maya hummed in response while cleaning the floor neatly "and I am glad to see this side of him, because of you" She said with a smile.

Smiling back and looking down again to continue cleaning "don't argue anymore, I love and miss cleaning and I know Thomas will give me a chance to do these things I did before we met" I said while smiling.

Maya chuckled and clicked my side, I laughed "He really loves you!" She said loudly, I widened my eyes and covered her mouth "Shh! Don't say it out loud" I said quickly. She hummed against my hand and then I slowly pulled away as she whispered to me gently "The king truly loves you!" She said loudly only for me to hear.

Now I'm blushing and smiling nonstop, shaking my head as I denied it. "No no" I replied, Maya kept on teasing me "Come on, i want to see you accept the fact infront of me" She said while pleading and looking like a puppy.

I groaned and nodded "Fine. Yes, he truly loves me" I replied, Maya gasped and jumped excitedly. I laughed and calmed her down "Relax!" I said while shushing her, Maya bit her lip and smiling nonstop "I'm sorry! I just cant stop thinking of how much you changed of our cruel Prince before" She said quickly and excitedly.

Laughing more silently, shushing her again "Shh! It's nothing! But you actually sound like my friend Anne, now answer this to confirm. Do you like someone who is obsessed of you?" I asked clearly, Maya looked to the blank wall and slowly nodding her head while blushing. I widened my eyes and snapped my finger, she really is like the type of Anne's "ha! I knew it!" I said loudly.

Maya chuckled and hid her face "Don't say anything! I'm the weirder here and some of my fellow workers said they want to meet their true love in a good way while I'-" I cutted her off by patting her back, chuckling "You're not the only weird here, I could introduce you to my friend Anne. You two have the same vibe" I said with a smile.

Maya hummed in response before nodding her head "Alright!" She said, I laughed and nodding my head "Evelyn?" We both turned to the face and it was Thomas, smiling at him and hugging him "Hey" I replied.

Thomas turned to look at Maya who quickly looked down as respect "What were you doing in here? Cleaning?" He asked unbelievably, I chuckled and trying to calm him slowly "I know, I just missed doing this at home" I said as I explained him.

Looking at Maya who was looking down silently "Evelyn, you can do that but you are the Queen and you should be resting upstairs like every Queen does and let the servants do their job" Thomas said, I sighed and replied back "Well, I know it's my Kingdom so I clean it" I said simply the truth, Maya bursted out in a small chuckle.

Thomas watched her coldly "Leave us" He said, Maya pressed her lips together to keep herself silent as she bowed down quickly before leaving us alone, Looking up to Thomas who kept watching me every seconds in every move "You still had those talkative mouth of yours" He replied.

I chuckled and smiled innocently "I said the truth" I replied, Thomas chuckled and ruffled my hair "I don't have time to argue, we have something to talk about in my office" He said seriously, I furrowed confusedly "I guess it's something important?" I said and Thomas nodded "Very"

Nodding my head back before putting the cleaning materials on the side, Thomas then starts to walk upstairs with me following him. After a while we arrived at his office, closing the door behind me and I was about to sit on the chair in the side when Thomas held my waist and forcedly sit me on his lap.

I froze in my place, this is uncomfortable but I'll make myself comfortable since he is my husband. Sitting down properly as I wiggle around to make myself comfortable instead I heard Thomas groaned, I stopped and looked up to him confusedly "Stop moving or I'll take you right here" He replied.

I widened my eyes and looked away, not answering but also not moving around. "Good girl" he whispered huskily that made me shiver, I tried changing the topic to break the awkward moment. "So, what's the important thing you want to talk about?" I asked while looking down at the table.

Thomas opened some of the small cabinets and placed a letter that has heart designs and drawings on the table "What is this?" I asked confusedly, Thomas then opened the letter and read it out loud "Your Majesties, forgive us for sending you this letter as quick like a bird after we received your letter. But we'd love to inform you that me and my daughter Katherine will be coming to your Kingdom unexpectedly, be ready for us:) from: Queen Vanessa" Thomas said while slightly clenching the letter.

Looking up to him then back to the letter "A Queen is coming to our Kingdom, not a big deal. Just make them a tea and let them stay for a while and talked about things, so what's the problem of it?" I asked confusedly, Thomas caressed his temples "They're not just ordinary royals" He replied.

I furrowed my brows confusedly "What do you mean?" I asked, getting confused. Thomas looked at the letter "Queen Vanessa is my mother's friend, her daughter Princess Katherine we've been friends since we were a kids until she turned 14 and confessed to me, she's been forcing me a lot and I seen her as a sister. When Mother died they didn't visit here anymore since the Queen has been heartbroken after her bestfriend's death" Thomas explained.

Nodding my head in understandment, looking up to him "I understand, but atleast give them a chance. What if they really want to congratulate us and get to know me as your wife and the Queen" I said with a smile, Thomas sighed and kissed my forehead "I don't know, but whatever happens. Stay close to me" He said softly, I nodded my head and whispered "Always"