Chapter 32

Evelyn's Pov

Standing still as Maya held the other clothes for me to pick, she turned around and showed me "That one" I said while pointing at the dress on the right, Maya smiled "You picked beautifully, now let us change you" She said.

Nodding my head and after some time, I turned around to face her with the dress and Maya gasped while holding her lips "You're so beautiful!" She exclaimed, I chuckled and looked down to my dress "thank you" I replied with a smile.

Maya held her chin as she think for a while "How come every dress suits and fits you perfectly?" She asked, I chuckled and shook my head "It just did" I replied, Maya pouted and helped me sit down infront of the mirror "Now let us do your hair!" She said excitedly.

I smiled and just looked at the mirror while Maya fixed my hair into a bun then she picked my crown and put it on my head "There, you look perfect" she said while clapping, I smiled at her "Thank you, the crown is a bit heavy" I replied, Maya chuckled softly and held my shoulder "You'll get used to it, now let's go downstairs" She said.

Nodding my head before standing up, looking at the mirror one more time and honestly I looked different from the Evelyn I once in the village. I sighed and turned around, following Maya downstairs.

Looking around to see Thomas sitting on the couch while talking to some man which I think is his friend, I looked at Maya and she give me a thumbs up. I smiled at her in response before walking towards Thomas, they both turned to my direction "Your Majesty, who is this beautiful young lady?" The man asked confusedly.

Thomas settled his glass down and stood up as he smiled slightly at the man "Her name is Evelyn, My wife" He answered "and Evelyn, this is Prince nikolai of mithorine, my friend" The man caressed his chin and admired me. I looked at Thomas as a sign of uncomfortable.

But he seems not to notice it, the man named Nikolai stood up and held out his hand for a hand shake "Nice to meet you" He said, I pressed my lips together and slowly held his hand back as our hands shook together.

I smiled slightly and tried to pull my hand away when Nikolai kept on holding my hand, I felt uncomfortable and Thomas noticed it "So!" He said, Nikolai quickly pulled away to looked at Thomas and thomas continued "so, I see you already made each other comfortable right, Eve?" He asked me with slight wide eyes with a smile.

He is being sarcastic, I played back and smiled at Nikolai "Absolutely" I replied, Nikolai chuckled and put his hands behind his back "I can say honestly that your wife is an interesting one" Nikolai said, Thomas just chuckled as a joke but I know he already is controlling himself.

Nikolai sighed dramatically "If only she isn't a married woman then I would have already marry her first" He said with a playful smile, Thomas protectively wrapped his arms around my waist. "Too bad, she's already taken" He replied while glaring at him, Nikolai ignored his glare as he looked in my direction "If only" Nikolai said simply.

Thomas had it enough as he held my waist tighter, I can feel his anger inside. "Do you want to have another cookie?" I asked as I changed the topic, Thomas shook his head "No, because I don't have anyone to eat it with. Get out Nikolai" Thomas said.

Nikolai laughed and kept on looking at me that made me uncomfortable "As you wish, your Majesty" He replied while winking at me, I look at him in disgust. Uh mens these days, Nikolai headed out with his guards leading him carefully. Thomas turned to me and caressed my cheek "Why were you up so early?" He asked.

I sighed and smiled "I just love waking up so early and I thought about the letter that maybe they arrive today so I have to be ready as possible" I replied, Thomas chuckled and caressed my hair "Clever girl" He said simply with a smile. I smiled back and I furrow as I heard a trumpet sound, we both turned our heads to the sound.