Chapter 28

Evelyn's Pov

While I was cooking myself a breakfast, suddenly Maya arrived and widened her eyes as she saw me cooking "Your Majesty! What are you doing!" She asked shockingly, I turned around to see who it is. "Maya, I told you to call me by my name when were alone" I said while sighing.

Maya shook her head and quickly stood infront of me "I should be the one cooking for you! If the King finds out about this then I'm dead meat" She said, I sighed and looked down " I just want to cook, I miss cooking back in the village where I live with my family" I said.

She furrowed her brows "But you told me that you don't have parents" Maya said, I chuckled and replied "Yes, but my friends are my family" I said and Maya nodded while looking down "Well, whatever it is. I'll do my job, please let me" I nodded my head and moved back "do you want me to hel-" Maya cutted me off "No no, I know this, don't worry" She said.

I nodded before turning around and left the kitchen, many servants passing by and quickly bowed down to me. I sighed and caressed my temple, I feel uncomfortable them bowing to me. Walking upstairs and walked inside Thomas room.

Looking around before closing the door for a while before going inside, the room is too dark like a demon's chamber. I quickly opened the curtains and it feels much better to see the light of the room.

Sitting on the bed while looking around, I want to know everything about thomas. There are some complicated things he wont say so I'll figure it out myself, standing up as I opened his cabinets and I was shook to see all my information written on a paper.

I widened my eyes and took it before sitting back down on the bed, opening the whole paper as I read it "Evelyn, fav color sky blue, likes books, likes tall man and believes in love even if that man is ugly, that's why I love her so much that I want to marry her" I closed the note quickly, I don't want to read all of this note about me.

It makes me feel uncomfortable but I have to know, opening the note again before reading it "today I killed a man with my favorite knife" I gasped and covered my mouth, Thomas is not like this. Looking up to the date when did it happened and it was last year before we met, I can't believe this, did I really changed him?

Flipping the notes, reading carefully. "Your Majesty?" I jumped in surprised and quickly closed the book, looking up to see Maya holding a tray of food. "Maya, you scared me" I replied while holding my beating heart, Maya bowed down "I apologized, but here is your breakfast" She said.

I stood up and took the tray from her hand, nodding at her "Thank you" I said before turning around and placed the tray of food on the nightstand "I looked for you everywhere, why are you here, your Majesty?" Maya asked, I sighed and looked at her "I told you to call m- never mind" I said before I continue "I missed Thomas"

Maya nodded before looking around his room "Honestly, his room is scary everytime I clean it and also the one who owns it is even more scary" She said, I chuckled and replied "He's not that scary as you say, if you know him well then you might be thinking he's a good person" I said.

She nodded her head "Well as you say, without you here. He's so cruel to us and whenever he comes back from hunting and gets tired, he drinks wine and throwed the glass to us servants while we quick to catch and if we break it, were dead!" Maya said with wide eyes, I looked up to her frowned "Is he that cruel before?" I asked.

Maya nodded "Very much you can imagine, many of the servants died last year because King Thomas was so cruel" She said, I patted her back and smiled warmly at her "Atleast you are fine now, remember when Thomas comes back. Don't talk to me or else he'll do something to you, my friend" I said and Maya looked up to me "Friend?" She asked.