Atrus says hello!

Do the stars that line the heavens deceive me, or do they light upon a wandering soul lost in these forests? This place wears darkness as a veil to obscure both wonders and dangers, traveler. It is no place for a human such as you. Come, I shall be your guide. Follow the light of my staff, and the way to my great library shall become clear. As we walk, I shall tell you tales of far off lands - of shores forgotten by the annals of time, and of paths far less traveled than this. Perhaps, given time, you might sit a while, and indulge this old bird with a listening ear...

Atrus just had to open with a short little intro - call him dramatic.

Hey everyone! I thought while I'm ahead of the game on my next Callisto chapter I'd take this moment to introduce you to my OC (the serious looking bird boi with the staff on my banner and profile picture). He's Atrus, and he is the titular traverser of the dark - the keeper of all my stories. I'm no librarian, so I guess you could call him that (though he'd probably call himself a powerful mage first and foremost).

Atrus is usually fond of night walks, and this is where we find him today - wandering the dark forest near his home in search of weary travelers who have lost their way. His intense stare usually causes some panic at first sight, but don't let the impression fool you - he's a kind soul. Just like anyone who's spent so much of their life enjoying book after book, he's lived a thousand lives and a thousand lifetimes.

This dashing picture of Atrus (a bit of a poser if you ask me) was crafted by the talented bihancgraphics

This dashing picture of Atrus (a bit of a poser if you ask me) was crafted by the talented bihancgraphics. He's done amazingly in capturing the normally camera shy Atrus' defining features: his flowing ceremonial robe and wooden staff briming with azure light. Atrus tends to strike an imposing prescence with his hood raised and sometimes likes to 'billow his cape dramatically'. This is ostensibly to scare off woodland critters who might harm him, but to be honest I think he secretly just likes using mundane magic whenever he can.

I hope you enjoyed seeing this artwork and my introduction to this character! Who knows, maybe I will feature Atrus in another story sometime. For now, however, I will leave him to guarding his great library where a new page is being added to Callisto as we speak. I can't wait to share it with you all!

Note: If you're interested in amazing artwork by a professional illustrator you should definitely check out bihancgraphics as he does excellent and affordable commissions. You can find him on Fiverr at: https://www.fiverr.com/bihancgraphics/draw-professional-digital-art-concept-art-and-illustration?context_referrer=user_page&ref_ctx_id=232bc15428ba8e49ab8896609983c78a&pckg_id=1&pos=1&imp_id=cf7e0372-251d-427a-b7d0-644ad7977c59