scene 10

(Double post today because I was extra inspired and I loosely based this off of cassie's scene with her dad in euphoria 😂❤)

Year 1989

You were 10 years old, you ran to your dads small car and hugged him tightly with the happiest y/e/c eyes. Your parents divorced the year before and it didn't actually click in your head that weren't getting back together at all. You always asked your mother when your dad would move back in, but you never got an answer.
Your dad would pick you up on the weekends, he would take you to places and return you before 8 o'clock to you it was the best thing ever. You always was a daddy's girl, and when he left it broke your heart.

He swung you in his arms and pecked your forehead, "want icecream kiddo?" He smiled softly.

The reason why your parents broke up was because he was an alcoholic. Hard liquor was a better company than you, apparently. "Yes please!" You smile and looked at him with the most sweetest, purest eyes.

You got in his car, he always went over the speed limit but you got used to it. The drive was short and you leaned against the inner car wall. You saw people walking, running, being happy families... you wanted that.

Then you looked at your dad before looking back out the window, a woman wearing expensive leather attire holding a gun shooting another woman, she looked like a snobby rich lady and you jumped a second at the loud noise but then you smiled lightly when you saw a man hug her from behind her and kissed the woman in leather and police sirens started going off. They were your dream, as creepy as it was to idolize a murderer. And she looked at you and you waved and she waved back and they ran.

Your dad hit the gas on the car wanting to drive past the situation once the light turned green. "Don't tell your mom about what happened" you dad sighs. "I'm sorry you saw that" he sighs. "It' s fine" you smile and continued to watch the road on the ride to the ice cream place.

You got to the ice cream shop and jumped out and your dad followed behind you and waited in line and then noticed your fathers hand disappeared from yours and you sigh seeing him talk to a blonde woman younger than him.

"Hi" a young boy about your age smiles catching your attention who had Carmel hair. "I love this song" he smiles softly and sways to the song playing on the outside ice cream shops speakers, I wanna dance with somebody by whitney Houston. "I do to!" You smile. "I'm y/n" you smile extending your hand for him to shake. "I'm billy" he smiles and twirls you as you two dance in line and the blonde girl talking to your dad smiled at you two. "How cute!" She smiles.

You laugh and danced with him, "hey kid order" the worker says with unamused eyes. "Vanilla cone please!" You smile and your dad payed quickly and then continued to ignore you. Was he mad? But your worries quickly faded once you got the ice cream and sat with the young boy named billy. "Preferably I like choclate" billy says and licked his ice cream. "Peferably I like vanilla" you mocked him, some things never changed and then you were snatched.

You dad grabbed you by the hair, "we're going" he hissed and you looked up at him with watery eyes. "Bye" you mouth at billy and you were pulled all the way to your dads car and thrown to the back of the car, your ice cream dropped on the way there. That was the first time he hurt you and your heart ached in sadness and you looked out the window and waved to little billy. "Love you" he mouths with sad eyes holding his cone, his heart ached for you. He thought he would never see you again but he would.

The car ride was quiet and it was passed 8, your mom was going to be furious. Tears fell down your cheeks as you watched the cars drive by and the people walking by.

In just a few minutes your dad parked infront of your house, your mom angrily rushing out yelling at him and he yelled back. You stayed in the car, the words they said being muffled by you staying inside the car and you cried softly as you heard the yelling. You wanted nothing more but to be in a happy place, but this was your life so it would never be happy like it was beforehand.

You got out of the car and ran inside and got on your bed and cried softly hiding under the covers and hugged your stuffed animal, mr. Bubbles. "Oh mr. Bubbles" you sob and sighed lightly as you watched the bunny as if it would say something back, but it didn't.

"Honey?" Your mom asked and walked into your room and knocked the open door. "Go" you whisper weakly. "I'm so sorry" she whispers and got on your bed and peeled the covers off your hidden face and then you hid your face in mr. Bubbles. "Hey look at me" she whispers and you look at her with safe eyes, she cupped your face and you came to realization no matter what that man did to you, you still loved him no matter what.

"What?" You ask and looked at her. "You deserve someone so much better, my princess" she whispers and wiped a tear away. "Thank you" you whispers. "Why?" She asked. "Thank you for being the best mommy ever" you smile softly and hugged your mom. Your mom was your best friend after that day but you missed and lacked a father figure in your life. You missed your dad no matter what happened that night.