14

The maids put the dishes on the dining table and went away

Breakfast consists of Poha, toast, fruit salad, and our dishes that we both made that is kheer and halwa.

The breakfast was full of laughter and mom telling both of us to get ready in the evening for our reception where media will also come.

God! Now How am I gonna handle this?

"Rey! Why are you in your formal clothes? Don't tell me you're going office on the very first day of your marriage." Mom asked strenly.

He cleared his throat and replied "Actually mom, i got a call in the morning from the office saying that it's very urgent work. And besides it's only for 1-2 hour. I'll come soon"

To be honest, my mood fell after his statement. I know we're not that close but still I don't know but I felt a pang of sadness when he said that he's going to office on the first day after marriage. But still i kept an emotionless face and focus on my breakfast.

After finishing the breakfast, it was time for our desserts that we made. First they all tasted kheer made by Pooja and i should say that it was really good. Like perfect sugar, perfect consistency and so tasty. Everybody praised her and mom gave bangles to her as a gift.
But when it was time for my dish, i became nervous, like how can I even compete with her dish. My dish could never be able to match hers.
My leg was bouncing under the table because of the nervousness but it became still and my body froze when the person sitting beside me put his hand on my thigh and started rubbing it lightly.

He came closer to me and whispered so that no one can hear "Don't worry. Everything will be alright. This is not an exam Ishu." He assured me.
I just look towards him and nodded.

Soon everybody start tasting the halwa and i was just looking at their expressions with curiosity. But when they smiled at me and said that the halwa is so tasty. I finally released a sigh of relief after listening to their statement.
Mom also gave me a daimond necklace as a gift and then we all went into our rooms.

I was just closing the cupboard in which i kept the box of the necklace but when I turn around a broad chest came into my view. I look up to see him staring at me.

He smiled at me "The halwa was really tasty. I guess i found my new favoutite dish. Well i bought this for you. I hope you'll like it." He said followed by a wink.
And showed a beautiful gold pendent which has a moon and a star.