#1

I never had a place I could call home. There was no occasion where I would come home and my mother would hug me as a hello, or my father would pat my back asking how my friends are. No matter how much I tried to make it work, nothing ever did. Nothing stayed the same, except for one place.

Sendai.

Here, the seasons repeated themselves over and over, making everything shine with with early winter snow or cherry blossoms, which always added color to the pavement as they fell. I would always ride the same bike to school and play the same guitar. Sit near the same pond and feed the same ducks. Stability is what I needed, and Sendai had it all.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"My love! Oh how tall you've grown over the years, or maybe it's just me growing shorter."

The second I stepped out of the car, grandma engulfed me in her arms, like it's the first and last time I'll see her, her scent flowing in my nose with the air, like a gentle, invisible river.

"Of course not gran-" she pulled away from me to get a good look at my facial features. My slim, almond shaped eyes and slightly chubby cheeks, pinching them gently to add some color. My lips and nose, that is curved downwards.

"- if people are like trees, we don't grow downwards. No tree ever grows closer to the soil."

With a smile she pushed me towards the house, my mother following closely after with 2 suitcases.

"Mika, please call me and your father. The whole summer is ahead, don't sit around at home reading those books of yours." my mother called after me with a bit of worry in her tone, or so I thought for a quick second before shoving it out of my head.

"Of course, I'll be fine."

"She'll be fine, Ichika. This isn't the first time she's here." Gran confirmed.

"Take care."

And with that my mom left, without waiting for our goodbyes.

"You better enjoy yourself!" Grandma said to me while ruffling my bangs slightly before we both disappeared into the depths of my childhood home.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

A bath is what anyone needs after a long and exhausting flight. I never took flights well or anything that had to do with flying for that matter. It wasn't my fear of hights, but rather the overall feeling of airports. The commotion, but with a weird mix of stress and panic. It never seemed settling to me.

As the water was turning cold, I knew that it was time to leave this nook of peace and return to the real world. After a little shuffling through my stuff, I finally found something clean and presentable.

(Imagine something like this or anything that you like for that matter)

Making my way down the obnoxiously small steps in a careful motion and one at a time, iv finally made it to the dining area.

"Come, eat. I made a little something."

In front of me were all sorts of dishes prepared by my grandmother.

"Itadakimasu" we said in union as we dug into the freshly cooked meal.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

It was around 4 o'clock when I decided to finally go out and see the Sendai that felt so familiar, but after years of not being here surely something must be different. I was wrong.

Nothing has changed. She stores are the same, the park is the same, the trees are the same. It feels like time has stopped, and only I could free the city from this curse.

"Are my eyes deceiving me or is it really you Mika? Wow you've grown so tall I nearly didn't recognize you!"

It was Mrs. Aito, the mother of one of my childhood friends. She worked as a cashier at the store I just so happened to stumble on. After I moved away with my parents, we grew apart and I haven't seen her since.

"Mrs. Aito, hello!" I bowed slightly as a greeting.

"What bring you here dear? You should come over some time, Suzui would be glad to see you!"

"Oh Iv decided to spend some time here with grandma. I'll be starting school in September."

"That's great! See you around! Don't forget to come by any time you like, we are still in the same home."

"Of course, thank you."

No one moved, it was just another fact to back up my theory of time freeze here.

Mindlessly walking down the streets, where once I used to chase after my friends paying tag, now being all grown up. If you can count 13 as being a grown up.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

I sat on the bench closest to the water, observing it's gentle movements with music blasting in my ears, not thinking of anything but rather mindlessly staring into the water and the passing by people. It's weird to think that everyone has a life of their own, their troubles and worries. Every person strives for something different, sees the world differently, and somehow that never made sense to me. I couldn't understand the emotions of others, never being able to find the correct words to use in certain situations. I was the one to just quietly observe, and not being the one in conflict.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

The sun was nowhere to be seen, while the moon held the power for the night, stars only being there to freckle up the sky, instead of clouds. Making my way home under the black sky, April wind gently blowing on my face, swaying my hair from side to side. It was the most peaceful time of day. Night.

I wonder when I'll get to share that peace with someone special. Someone who understands me like no one else. Who is ready to go up high into the sky and bring me all the stars in the universe, counting them at my feet.

An:
Hello! Thank you for reading. For some context, Yuzuru and mika will meet very soon, just wait. I will try to update this story frequently.
Love, k.