#2

I was never late for anything. Frankly, I was always annoyingly on time, doing whatever it takes just to make a good first impression. And now isn't any different.

The trees engulfed me in their green leaves, as I disappeared into their tunnel on my red bike, making my way to grandma's cafe. It was a sunny morning, the rain from yesterday making the air crisp. The perfect weather for my first day.

Just as I was about to turn the corner, my eyes landed on 2 little cats, right by a ramen place. They were sleeping peacefully in each others embrace, not bothered my anything around them. It was quiet that morning, so I guess no one was there to disturb their slumber. Before making my way past them, I stopped and took a picture with my camera, taking a mental note to print it out later.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

It's been so long since the last time I was here, standing right in front of this very building. Just like everything in this city, it was full of memories. Good and bad. Me and my friends used to steal ice-cream from the back, running away hearing grandmas scolding. It was simpler then.

I pushed open the glass door and came in, the smell of fresh brewed tea hitting me in the face. Mornings are the busiest for us, especially around 8, when people stopped by on their way to work or school students came in groups of three or four and ordered the same things each. This morning was the same as always, a little line forming at the counter with people in various age groups, different clothing and food preferences.

I made my was straight to the back, putting on a dark green apron over my t shirt and getting ready for the exhausting amount of people waiting just behind the wall. Don't get me wrong, I loved helping around but communicating with 20 different people in the span of 10 minutes was mush too exhausting.

"Hi! What would you like today?"

And with that the "shift" had begun. I wouldn't call it a shift since I am still not legally allowed to work, but this is different. It's just helping out.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"Isn't it your break now? How about we go for a walk and you tell me about yourself? I'm new to the neighborhood so it would be great to get to know at least someone."

It was 1 pm and we had a 2,5 hour break, since all we were doing for the past 5 hours was running around, serving drinks and deserts. It wasn't all that hectic, but still quite exhausting.

I was taking to Kohana, a girl who was actually working in the cafe. She was pretty young, about 16 and had to come here because of her parents work. That's all I know.

"Sure! Let's go and grab a bite to eat, I'm starving already."

With that we both walked out of the building and towards the heart of the city trying to find some place to eat, until a specific diner came to mind.

"Hey, I saw a ramen place just on the corner, how about we go there?"

"Honestly, I'd agree on anything by this point," Kohana laughed, and I did too. I'm sure by this point we were definitely going to get along.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"Okay, I say we play a game of 20 questions. You know the rules, right?"

We sat opposite of each other on a very secluded table down the back. It was a great spot, just by the window that had an amazing view of a little garden. Definitely my new favorite place to eat.

"Are you kidding me, of course I know the rules. I'll go first. How old are you?"

"I'm 13, turning 14 in august. Do you go to school here?"