ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕠

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

We were on our way back to the bunker. Jack and Ember were asleep in the back of the Impala while Sam and Dean sat in the front in silence. Ember subconsciously laid her head on Jack's shoulder, scooting closer to him, which caused him to subconsciously lay his on top of hers.

Sam looked over to his older brother, deciding to break the silence. "Hey, we still got probably 12 hours until we're home. You want me to drive?" He asked. Dean glanced over to his younger brother.

"Do I ever want you to drive?" He asked. Sam sighed. "Look...losing Mom and Cas, that's a lot to process, Dean, especially on no sleep. And the kid--" "'the kid'? Come on, man. You know how this plays out. Look, when we try to bend the rules, pretend that the bad guys aren't so bad or that things will get fixed, that's when people that we care about get hurt. And then we end up doing what we should've done in the first place, which is end the problem. So this time, let's start with the obvious. Soon as I find a way to take care of...it." Dean stated.

"Dean, 'the problem' might be our only shot at saving mom." Sam said, earning a slightly annoyed look from his older brother. Dean shook his head before speaking, "Mom's gone. There's no fixing that." Sam didn't say anything else as he turned to look out the window.

***

𝙴𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

A couple hours later we were walking down a hallway of a motel. "This is a bad idea. We should've kept driving." Dean complained, as he led the four of us towards our room. I yawned as I laid my head back on Jack's shoulder, as we walked.

"Dude.." Sam scoffed. "You were hallucinating sheep on the road. We need a few hours." he said. Dean unlocked the door, walking in first followed by me and Jack, then Sam. Jack looked around the room in amazement. "This is nice." he commented.

"Let's ward the room, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing. " Sam said, as Jack and I walked over to one of the beds. I grabbed the remote and turned the tv on. We sat criss-cross as we watched the Scooby-Doo. I leaned into Jack's side laughing at the cartoon.

"It's...wonderful." Jack said, a bright smile on his face. "Hey. no. Absolutely not. No touching." Dean said, walking over and pushing me and Jack apart, he then took the remote from my hands. "But..." Jack stuttered. "Y-" Dean cut himself off as he looked at the screen, laughing at what Scooby and the gang were doing.

Then he realized what he was doing so he dropped his smile. "No." He said, shutting the tv off. Jack frowned looking down. "You're such a party pooper." I complained rolling my eyes. Dean just gave her a fake smile before looking at Jack.

"And you're on the couch, sport. Actually Ember, you get the couch. He can sleep on the floor. All right? So why don't you go over there?" Dean said, placing the remote on top of the tv. I rolled my eyes, turning to Jack. "You can take the couch, I'll take the floor." "No, no. It's fine." Jack smiled. We got off the bed and sat next to each other on the couch. "Nope, too close. Scooch." Dean said, pushing me over so I was on the opposite side of the couch.