EWEW 10: The Sherlock Holmes Feeling

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2015 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Rewritten version of this chapter posted - September 4th 2015.

Please leave me a vote (press the star button) and your thoughts <3 Happy reading!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{ Chapter 10 } : The Sherlock Holmes Feeling

This was by far one of the most awkward experiences ever.

Layla was all nerves and Joshua was fidgety. It must have something to do with mine and Gabby's scrutinizing gazes.

It wasn't our fault - Layla had wanted Joshua to meet her best friends. Now he was meeting them. Other than the last meeting where we unceremoniously bumped into each other at Layla's front porch, this was the first time we were all forced to carry out a conversation. Willingly.

"What are your plans regarding our best friend?" Right off the bat, Gabriela asked straight-up with no shame whatsoever.

Joshua choked on his drink and Layla straightened beside him, sucking in a sharp breath.

A couple of bystanders passed, then paused when they realized we were having lunch in the courtyard with Joshua freakin' Brown.

Girls stared at Layla with hate and jealousy, disappointed that Northwind's womanizer was settling down , while guys looked pure smug at the thought of having more ladies to themselves. Apparently no one wanted to share Joshua's leftovers.

We also made it clear to Joshua in the first two minutes of our meeting that if Layla became one of his leftovers... there one only be a leftover of his d*ick. Chopped remains that we'd feed to Gabriela's well-loved bulldog, Diego.

"I like her," Joshua burst out, and people stopped close to us. "I-I l-like Layla. Have liked her for awhile now."

Beside him, Layla's eyes lowered and she fought a smile. Joshua grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze underneath the table.

"You won't hurt her, right?" I whispered so quietly that I surprised myself. I don't know why I blurted that out.

At that moment, it felt like my next breath depended on his answer.

Josh's eyes sought mine and what I saw in them confirmed my thoughts. "Never."

Layla blushed and looked at her boyfriend with a mixture of awe and love-sick puppy.

"Good," Gabriela said for all of us. "And tell me how long you've been serious about her?"

He looked down at his girlfriend with adoration. Layla had all but wrapped herself against his huge arm.

"Since the first moment I laid eyes on her."

Gabby glanced at me and our mouths morphed into matching mush-filled grins.

Joshua was serious about her. The more we saw them interacting with each other, the more we realized that they honest-to-God cared for each other. The way he'd randomly brush aside a stray strand of hers, or the way she'd trace the pad of her fingertips over the veins of his forearms.

It would take me time to get used to seeing them together - like everything that was new in my life. I was adapting to a lot of things. But at least now I knew Joshua was in it for real.