𝐢. 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝?

( 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞? )

"Why do you have to go?" It was her boyfriend's voice that bring her back to the reality. Since she learned that this year Harry would be going to Hogwarts, she was usually lost herself in daydreams, thinking about their meeting. Would he hate her? Even though it wasn't her fault where he ended up after that night, Carina always had the feeling that she could have done more, especially now that she was older.

Or worse, would he remember? He was just a baby and from what Lily recounted when she visited them in the fields of Elysium, her sister hated anything in the wizarding world, Petunia might never have mentioned her name.

"Because..." she changed the way she was sitting on the sand, turning her body to look at him. "It's tradition for me to spend the day with Aunt Dite, my grandmother and maybe Lady Hera if she's in a good mood before going back to school." the blonde explained, but the son of Hermes scoffed.

"Okay, what's the problem? You know that I do this since the first year and Lady Hecate said that  she might join us, saying that something important would happen in the wizarding world this year and she wanted to talk about it with me."

"See, Carina? They don't care if you go there for tea, they just want to ask for favors. Gods are like that." Luke countered, lifting Carina gently off his legs, so he could get to his feet.

"What are you talking about, Luke?" the girl also standing up.

"The gods don't care about us demigods! Just because you are their favorite, doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day you're just another demigod." Carina knew Luke resented his father a little since his mother's accident with the oracle a few years ago. But she never imagined that the sentiment would spread to the rest of the Greek pantheon.

"Luke..." she sighed, it was the first time they had an argument, and she didn't know exactly what to do.

"Just go, Carrie.  But don't say I didn't warn you when the gods let you down, as I know they will. It's what they do best." The Hermes' son didn't even wait for an answer, he just kissed his girlfriend on the forehead and left her alone on the beach.

𝐎𝐥𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐬. 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓

Apparently, Aphrodite and Demeter had an appointment and would only show up later for the traditional celebration the three of them had at the end of summer vacation. The demigod didn't mind anyway, her head was full of the words Luke had said to her, and she didn't want the goddesses to see that something was bothering her.

Yes, she always found it strange the way most gods didn't mind her presence, even if they couldn't interact with their own children, but no one ever asked for any favors. Hecate, the goddess of magic, only asked her to keep an eye on her realm, a sort of long-term quest.