𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐

( 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧 )

Carina was trapped in another one of her dreams, the same blond boy as always—but she still couldn't see his face. This time, Annabeth was there, as was a second blond boy, a little older than the first, but Carina couldn't see his face either.

"How can you stay in their side, Carina? Everyone is lying to you, even your mother."

Those words were the last ones Carina heard before waking up from her dream. She knew that voice, but she didn't know where. The weight of that sentence took away any rest she had gotten the night before and now Black felt like he was going crazy.

The blonde finally opened her eyes, facing the darkness that was present in the Hermes cabin, with the snoring of the other demigods being the only sound she heard. Luke, her boyfriend, was completely passed out beside her, sleeping peacefully but with a serious expression in his sleep.

Carina knew well that her dream was real, and part of her believed that whatever her mother was hiding from her was why the gods treated her so well. But in her eyes, nothing in her life would be a reason, not even the fact that she was the only demigoddess daughter of Persephone that ever existed.

Knowing that she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, Carina gently kissed Luke's cheek and got up, losing her sleep completely. Glancing at her wristwatch, the demigoddess saw that it must be dawn by now and one of her favorite things to do was watch the sun rise, the beach being one of the most beautiful places to do it.

After going to her cabin to get a new change of clothes and going to the bathroom to get ready for the day, the demigoddess walked quickly to the beach, seeing the first rays of sun appear on the horizon, illuminating the landscape.

It didn't take long for Carina to feel a presence beside her, the sand moving with a body sitting on it, a strong smell of sea air hit her and she knew it wasn't the sea in front of her.

"Why are you here?" the demigoddess sighed, looking at the god. "Seriously, I don't want to see you until you tell me the truth of why the gods favor me so much."

"I was hoping you'd gotten over it." The god replied, but her voice was not serene as usual, it sounded a little irritated. "It's getting repetitive, don't you think? We see each other, you ask questions I can't answer, I say you need to figure it out for yourself, you yell and I'm gone." The god shrugged. "But you're here at five in the morning, thinking... did you have another dream?"

He knew her very well, he knew her features and even the meaning of each sigh. It was her therapy to watch the sunrise when she had a lot on her mind, usually tied to a demigod dream.

"My mother is hiding something from me." she admitted, but didn't want to get into it. "And I know you know what it is. In fact, I believe it is why I am favored among the gods." a part of the girl hated talking that way, it made her sound like a self-absorbed. "But relax, I won't ask again." She wasn't in the mood for another lecture from the gods.