𝐯𝐢. 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

( 𝐰𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨, 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 )

 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 )

"Took you long enough."  A voice said behind Carina, startling her. When the blonde turned around, she was faced with a black teenager, her eyes golden. Hecate. The demigoddess made a small bow to the goddess, who was also her patron, before leaning against one of the walls.

"You gods need a new hobby. Minding the lives of demigods is so millennium old." Maybe it was her closeness to the goddess, but Carrie always spoke her mind, still with a respectful tone -of course.

"You are basically the only representative in my kingdom. I will always mind your own business." The goddess said, conjuring a sofa to sit on, inviting the teenager to do the same, but Carina preferred to stand.

"I'm sick of the gods hiding things from me, Hecate." the demigoddess said. "I know I'm just a half-blood, but I also know I'm more than that, but tell me what."

"And what makes you think I would?" The goddess challenged her. "Aphrodite Carina Black, you may be our favorite, but the rules still apply to you. When the time is right, you'll find out, but you're not ready." The goddess rose, approaching Carina. "The fact that you're here, questioning me about things you don't even understand, just shows how immature you still are. You're a child, Carina, and you should use this time wisely, because sooner than you think, everything will change. And you won't be able to go back."

Though she could detect a certain warmth in the goddess's voice, the words were harsh.

"I just want to understand why him. Why I keep dreaming about Poseidon and smelling him in amortentia."

"You don't understand because you don't want to." Hecate replied, starting to lose patience over the matter. "Every possible tip we could give without breaking the rules we've already given you, Carina. And you're smart, you should put two with two together."

"You know what, it was a mistake to think that some god would actually be useful and help me." The demigoddess said, completely frustrated.

"Don't forget your place, Carina. I may like you, but I'm still a goddess and you're a half-blood, show respect."

"You are right, ma'am." the Gryffindor made a mocking bow. "I request permission to leave." and without waiting for an answer, Carina left the astronomy tower and went back to her room.

𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥. 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓.

If Carina had regretted talking to Hecate last night, by morning the feeling had doubled. Her mood was abysmal and to make matters worse, it was the Gryffindor's first Quidditch match, she couldn't spend the day under the covers regretting all her life choices.