T h r e e

The Alpha sat at his desk doing pack work as he felt the loneliness surround him like a suffocating blanket. No matter what he and Amanda done it wasn't the same, there was still an emptiness.
He missed everything about Eliza, her grey eyes with the blue ring around the edge, her ash blonde hair that always seemed to go darker in the winter, her one dimpled smile, the way she laughed and the small amount of freckles on her nose, it had only been a few weeks but it was killing him like it had been years. A knock on his office door dragged him out of his thoughts as the pack Doctor walked in.

"Sorry to bother you Alpha, I need to speak to our Luna" He huffed at her words missing the time when that word meant Eliza.

"Amanda is party planning right now" He mumbled, looking back down at his work. The doc stood in shock, she hadn't heard the news.

"No Sir, I mean Elizabeth, I need to give her the box of medication early as I'm going away on holiday, my daughter recently had her baby and I'm going to stay with them for a couple weeks, my assistant will fill in for me unless there's an emergency to which I'll be back, of course"

"She doesn't need the pain killers anymore" He gritted out, looking up from his paper work through his thick lashes.

"Not the pain killers Sir, the medication for her to survive the pregnancy" He head shot up to look at her.

"What did you just say?!" He spat

'Is this some kind of sick joke?!' He thought to himself.
'I told you she tasted different' His wolf, Midnight replied.

"She's pregnant Sir, sorry I thought you knew, she was so excited to tell you" She bowed her head.

"Are you telling me, she's carrying my Heir?" He asked again in disbelief.

"Yes Sir, she's roughly about eight weeks now, she was five weeks when she found out, she's meant to take a lot of medication as it's so dangerous for a human to carry a pup, let alone an Alphas child". He didn't realise it was so risky, he got up and took the box of the doctor before looking through it, she must be taking a good twenty tablets a day just to keep her body coping.

"I'll give it to her, you can go now" He said waving her off.

What the hell had he done? And how was he ever going to fix it?

"Jerome!" He yelled as Elizas old guard came into the room, only standing outside Ivans office seconds before in his station.

"I heard Sir, would you like me to start looking for her?" Little did Ivan know Jerome knew this whole time, when he held her the night before she slipped in the shower he could feel the two chamber heartbeat in her stomach. The Alpha just nodded as he went through the box, he found a sheet of paper at the bottom, which confirmed the day she found out she was pregnant, the day he rejected her.

Amanda walked in seconds later and suddenly the urge to kill was strong, he looked at her with so much hatred, he was surprised she didn't notice but soon enough she sensed it.

"Is everything okay?" She asked as she took the box off him to have a look at what could of caused his mood to turn so volatile.
"She's pregnant?!" She asked as she dropped the box on the floor. "What does this mean for us?"

"There is no us" He growled as he picked the box up and shoved past her, they still hadn't mated yet, turned out he couldn't mate anyone until the Moon Goddess picked him a second chance. She was just acting Luna whilst hoping she would be picked if she could prove her worth.

He knew it would be harder to find her now, a females scent changes completely when carrying a pup, and he hadn't grown accustomed to her new scent, he never gave her a chance, they had only been trying a few months, why did he give up on her so easily? What made him think anyone else could carry his pup if she couldn't.

*****

"Guess who" Jacob sung as he walked through Elizas front door holding groceries for her as she sat in her newly furnished living room. The cabin was only two bedrooms but it was enough, a massive downgrade from the twenty-eight bedroom pack house but it was still beautiful.

"Thank you Jakey, it means a lot" She said as she leaned into his side whilst he rubbed her arm whilst holding her. "You need to know something" He said with a tone of regret. She pulled away looking up at him waiting for the bad news but she already knew what he was going to say. "As you know Jerome and I are still friends, and today he called me to make me aware that the pack doctor told the Alpha you are pregnant" her stomach dropped at the thought.
"He'll be looking for me" She whispered as fear strikes through her. Her hands flew to her belly that was starting to show due to how skinny she was now, it was only tiny but noticeable.

"What do I do Jacob?" He looked at her and shrugged.
"Runaway" She knew the answer already but she just started getting this place to how she wanted it, she even had the nursery ready.
"He will still find me" Her voice broken. "Don't let him take my baby from me Jake" She sobbed as tears fell down her face like a waterfall, she fell to her knees and her chest became tight. Her biggest fear is coming true, why can't he wait for his new girl to get pregnant?

She knew she wouldn't have long before she had to move again, but for now she was going to enjoy her first home to herself. They met when she was seventeen and he was twenty one, she was now twenty two, at the beginning she never wanted to be rid of him but now she hopes she can be rid of him forever.

———————————————-
1019 words

Please vote & comment!

Thank you reading x