Chapter Sixteen.

Eliza sat in front of the mirror, trying to correct the red, puffiness of her face as everyone was rushing around making sure the funeral was perfect. She felt numb, like she was floating. Nothing felt real to her right now, even when her daughter cried for her attention, it still didn't feel right. Ivan and both families had taken over the past few days, trying to ease her back into life again, everyone treated her like she was so fragile, and they was right too, it was a miracle this hadn't broken her completely.

She brushed the creases out of her dress as she heard a commotion outside of the room.
"Jacob, I am warning you stand down" Ivan's stern Alpha voice boomed.
"I'm not one of your mutts, you can't control me" Her brother growled back at him.
"Amanda is not welcome today, yes, she comforted Eliza in a time of need, but she has also caused a lot of damage and hurt with her lies, not just between Eliza and myself but for you"
"She's changed Ivan, just like you have" Jacob's voice sounded pleading.
"My grandmother would turn in her grave if she knew Amanda attended her funeral, she is not welcome". Eliza opened the door to see them both, their faces instantly changed to calm again, the flooded with worry.

"I had a moment of weakness the other night allowing her into my home" Eliza spoke, her voice shaky.
"But she's not welcome back for a while, yes, I want you to be happy Jacob and yes, I am excited for the arrival of my nephew but it wasn't just Ivan she pulled into her nasty games, it was also you. If I can forgive Ivan, I can forgive her for what happened between them, but I will never forgive her for what she done to you". Even in her state, the words she spoke were stern and both the boys nodded.
"I need people around me that will support me, I don't need to be looking over my shoulder, worried what she might do next".

She left the boys to think on what she said as she headed towards the entrance of the pack house, this is where the ceremony will be held, as she was apart of this pack and once ruled it with her husband, it was only right she be laid to rest here with the rest of the Alphas and Lunas that protected this pack.

She tried her best to greet people, keeping a small smile plastered on her face at all times. She only felt relaxed when her daughter was placed back into her arms.
"She's been fed, bathed and changed" Esme smiled as Debbie stood behind her holding Tilly's comforter.
"Are you ready to do this my dear?" Harold asked, standing next to her.
"I don't know how Ivan and I are going to get through this" She whispered as she looked down at her daughter.
Theresa was like another mother to her, losing her hurt more than she could ever imagine, she thought she was ready for her passing but it hurt too much.

The funeral was beautiful, packs from all over came out to pay their respects, as did people in the town, Theresa was loved by many and made a massive impact on so many peoples lives, Eliza could only hope to make such a difference one day, even if she could be half the woman Theresa was, it would be enough.

She watched, clinging to her daughter as they walked the coffin out to the woods, Ivan appeared beside her, wrapping an arm around her as he lead her to follow the service.

It was time to surround the coffin with flowers once out into the ground, wolves believe to let the spirit pass through, they deceased person must be cremated, surrounded by many things of nature, their ashes will forever remain in the ground, ready to sprout more nature, leaving their mark. Alberts grave had a white oak tree, growing slowly but surely, it was beautiful. Theresa was ten feet away, and as Tilly grew up she was also watch her great grandmother grow into something beautiful and that thought alone brought Eliza and Ivan comfort.

Eliza and Ivan both began placing many things down, roses, peonys, lavender, everything they could find, when Eliza had a thought, she picked up the small shears and walked towards Albert's tree, trimming a few leaves off, till her hand could hold no more, she walked back over to where the woman who taught her everything lied, she threw them up in the air watching the leaves scatter and land all around the coffin. Harold stood watching, his eyes tearing up, the thought of his mother being buried with apart of his father made his heart swell, he would never of thought to do that, but that's what made everyone realise Elizabeth was one of a kind, she always thought outside the box and always wanted what was best for others.

The family gathered together again as Harold lit the match, throwing it down into the shallow grave, the flames burned high, warming the forest around them, everyone started to head back into the pack house except Jerome who took responsibility for watching the fire, making sure it didn't grow too wild. That was one pleasant thing about being back at the pack house, Eliza finally got to see Jerome again.

Everyone gathered in the main hall, eating and toasting to Theresa, sharing stories and reminiscing. Eliza could only take so much, she took Tilly up to their room and laid with her daughter, she watched her small daughter fall asleep in her arms and sleep soon caught up with Eliza too.

----------------
I understand some parts in this story may confuse and frustrate you guys but it will all make sense and add up, like Amanda for instance, remember she comforted Eliza in a moment that she was weak, too weak to fight. When you're in the midst of losing someone you try to look for good things to hold onto, bright sides, but once stronger she will regain control again.

Ivan's standing back in the story at the moment as he should, taking control of things and doing things his own way caused a lot of hurt and pain, so now his letting Eliza take lead and is there to support her.

Please also remember, if Eliza has forgiven Ivan and moved on from what happened then she WILL also forgive the woman involved, the only thing she doesn't forgive Amanda for, was hurting Jacob.

Hope you all keep enjoying the story!keep voting! Xx