Chapter Twelve.

She stared at her phone as her thumb hovered over the dial button, how was she going to be the one to tell him? She never imagined this life for them both, it was strange enough she had been mated to a wolf, let alone her brother being mated to one as well. She knew it would break his heart, all he ever wanted was to settle down and have children and Amanda was ripping it all away from him. She even considered if Amanda accepted her fate with Jacob, could she forgive her then? After all, the would be bound by family, but could she trust her and Ivan alone together?

"Hello Princess" He sighed, she could tell she had just woken him up.
"Sorry Jakey, I wouldn't call at this time if it wasn't important"
"I know Princess"
"So Amanda, huh?" She chuckled as he brother groaned.
"Please don't remind me, I can't believe she just left!" He whisper yelled obviously not wanting his parents to know the truth.
"Here's the thing Jake-"
"It's rather me or Ivan that could be the father" He mumbled.
"And it's not Ivan" There was a moment of silence before she finally heard movement.
"Do you know where she is?" He asked moving around a lot, Eliza could tell he was getting dressed and ready to go find her.
"She's here Jake, she's at Ivan's"
"I'm on my way" He quickly said, but before he could hang up she stopped him.
"There's something you need to know first!" She rushed out as he stayed silent waiting "She may or may not, have a black eye". A laugh was all that echoed through the phone.
"Of course she has" He chuckled. "I'll sort her when I'm there".

Once the call was over Eliza headed back to the group of people, she saw Amanda with tears falling as everyone around her said nasty things.
"That's enough" She growled as she walked closer to Amanda. "My brothers on his way" Amanda's eyes widened at her words.
"Now you've got two choices; leave and NEVER come back-" Amanda looked like she was going to break down all over again. "Or, you stay and fix things with my brother, but I mean it, you do him dirty and I'll hang you myself" She spat out.
"I just want a second chance with him" Eliza nodded at her words as the door flew open.
"We need to talk" Jacob said as he stood taking in the battered appearance of Amanda, she nodded and followed him out of the room, everyone else stayed put all weary to even begin a conversation in case Eliza snapped again. No one had ever seen that side of her before.

"Now, if you all don't mind, I am going to give my daughter her midnight bottle" She said calmly as she walked back into the kitchen where her baby laid asleep in her pushchair.
She made the bottle in a matter of seconds and rushed to her daughter counting down, as she stood in front of her daughter, almost as if on cue, she started crying, but soon stopped when she felt the warmth of her mothers arms and the beat of her mothers heart, she was Tilly's safe place and she would make sure that she would always keep it that way.
"You're an amazing mother. I hope you know that" She turned to see Ivan leaning against the door frame watching them. "No supernatural being I know has ever been able to read their child that well, no person I've ever met can, it's amazing to watch"
"Thank you" Was all she could say, it was the best compliment anyone could give her, but she didn't have any words to give back.
"All I ever wanted to be was a mum and a wife" She mumbled as she stroked Tilly's face whilst she drank her milk. "I just wanted a peaceful, happy life. With three or four kids, a big garden and a house full of love" Ivan stood closer as he put his hand on her shoulder.
"I'm sorry I took away your chance to have that" He mumbled as he kissed her head. "But when you're ready and that is if you are ever ready, I'll always be here to make it up to you, give you the life you want and deserve" She smiled at his words, they were nice words but she didn't know if there was any truth behind them, how could she? After all his lied about before?

"We're going to go away for a week or so, get our shit together and think this through properly, let mum and dad know please" Eliza stayed sitting as she carried on tending to her own child whilst she sat wondering about Jacob's and Amanda's.
"I understand, I hope you both sort things out, but if either of you have doubts, or thinking this won't end well, for the babies sake, don't even try to do it" The both nodded at her stern words, they both knew no one they knew cared more about their child then Eliza does, she would only give advice if it was raw and real and when she did occasionally give advice, she was always right. Ivan let the pair out of the house as he showed his parents and grandmother to their rooms before heading back down to his child and her mother.
"I'd rather you not leave at this time of night" He stated, but she knew there was more to what he was saying.
"Are we ever going to be able to sort this out?" She asked, the shock on his face evident, as far as he knew, she would never consider it again.
"I will do everything I can to make this right, if you would give me that chance" He kneeled in front of her kissing her hand that wasn't holding till.
"Okay Ivan, let's give this a chance".