Chapter Seventeen.

A few days had passed since the funeral and things were getting back to normal. Jacob and Eliza were spending more time together, she wanted to hear from him that Amanda had changed, she still couldn't trust her completely but she knew she would have to let this go soon, for the sake of her brother and nephew.

"Maybe you two spend the day together? Take Tilly along and go baby shopping, try bonding" He brother suggested, she gave him a small, trying smile as she took a sip from her coffee.
"I'll arrange something with her" Was all she replied. But she knew her brother was truly happy now, she had to accept that, after all, he saw her in the same boat and has forgiven Ivan, why shouldn't she forgive Amanda? Everyone knew she was far more protective of her brother than he was of her, but Jacob had such a gentle heart, Eliza would fight through anything and everything but Jacob usually broke when things got hard, hence why he was living with their parents most the time.

"I'm gonna go check on Ivan and Tilly" She mumbled as she moved to get off the sofa.
"Yeah, I should go and check in on Amanda, make sure mom hasn't smothered her yet" He chuckled, Eliza smiled as she watched her brother leave before turning to walk up the stairs. She was glad to be back at their little home, but she knew it couldn't last forever.

She found out the day after the funeral, Theresa had left everything to her, including the farm and her home, so Ivan and herself came to an agreement they will move back to the pack house, and use Theresa's house as a get away on the weekends.

She heard the giggles as she reached the top of the stairs, her heart instantly warmed and a smile broke out on her face, she sped up to reach their room where she saw Tilly sitting on their bed, clapping her hands as Ivan hid under the duvet, he popped his head out making the small child fall back laughing. Eliza couldn't help but giggle herself, watching her daughter and partner was something she was growing to love, yet she was still confused how her daughter was growing so rapidly, being born only three months ago, yet she was as advanced as a baby closing in on their first birthday. She loved it, but at the same time, she wished she would stay a baby for longer.

"Oh no! Mummy's looking!" Ivan said before hiding under the blanket again, Tilly looked over at her mother before hiding her face with her hands making Eliza laugh. She moved over to sit on the bed with them, Tilly instantly moving to be in her mother's arms. Ivan poked his head back out with a cheesy grin.
"Sounds like you two are having lots of fun" Eliza hummed as she stroked Tilly's blonde hair that seemed to never stop growing.

She looked up to see Ivan looking at her, lovingly.
"Marry me" He said, catching Eliza by surprise.
"I-Ivan I-" He sat up straight moving his hand to hold hers.
"Marry me again, let's start over and get it right this time". She watched his expressions, he was being serious.
"I don't think I'm ready yet" She whispered as she put her head down. Ivan sighed, before pulling her hand up to kiss it.
"Then I will wait for you" He said softly.

They both knew once a mark was removed, there was a slim chance of being able to remark your mate again. Especially as Eliza couldn't mark Ivan as well. It was a rare thing to happen but not unheard of, but unless Eliza's heart was completely into the idea, it would never work.

"Why did you pick Amanda?" She asked, shocking Ivan. He wasn't ready for this question but he always knew the answer.
"She was my father's Betas daughter, I only wanted a strong child, an Alpha" She processed the words he said, it made her feel slightly better it wasn't due to an attraction. "But then you gave me the strongest pup our pack has ever seen" She nodded at what he said, but she didn't give him a son and that's all she could think about.
"We have the most beautiful little girl Elizabeth, you gave me something I didn't realise I needed and my daughter can chose to be whatever she wants" Eliza looked up at him as he smirked at his cheeky little girl.
"Girls can't be Alphas" She said, which is a fact.
"If she wants to be, I will fight anyone who stands in her way" She smiled softly at those words. He truly was besotted with his daughter. Maybe one day in the future they might have a son, but she knows deep down Tilly is what warmed Ivan's heart back to life again, back to who he used to be when they first got together.

"Why didn't you stop when you saw how bad it was hurting me?" She needed this, if he ever wanted to make it work he needed to be truthful. His eyes fell low, because at that point he didn't care, he hadn't fallen out of love with her, not at all, but he put his needs and wants before her, he only cared about having an heir, he didn't even give her a full year, he expected a baby within the first month of mating. He knew she was human but he held his expectations high. Only when he lost her did he feel it, and knowing she was in danger trying to bring a baby into this world on her own killed him inside, he pushed her to that. He even put his hands on her, something he had never done before, and for that he will forever hate himself.
"Because I'm selfish, and I knew seeing you in pain would make me stop, so keeping you far away from me made it easier" He said shamefully. "Trust me Elizabeth, I will never forgive myself for what I done to you, what I put you through and I don't blame you for not wanting me, I lied, I cheated, I rejected you and divorced you and worst of all, I put my hands on you. I am a monster and I will do everything I can to change it".

That's what she needed to hear, she needed to hear him admit what he put her through and acknowledge the harm he done to her.