Chapter Twenty Four.

The Alphas hadn't been seen for days, each Luna taking on their role solo in order to keep the packs calm. Vampires were attacking once again, the thought alone broke Luna Olivia all over again like it was the first time. She kept Nik by her side at all times, not letting him return to his human life, the fear had made her paranoid but stronger than ever. She was no longer the care free Luna of the moon stone pack, she was now protector and teacher, keeping training and combat going around the clock, she doubled boarder control and was always communicating with the other Lunas for updates.

Luna Lila on the other hand was using the blood moon pack house as a safe haven for anyone who was frightened and knew they couldn't fight back if needed. The males of their pack were out day and night, rotating like clock work to keep an eye out for any night walkers.

Elizabeth consulted with Ivan's parents daily, she never got training like the others, she had no idea what she was up against and all she could worry about was making sure Tilly's father came home, back to their family.
"Yes Harold, I understand" She said softly into the phone as she stood in Ivan's office. No one had heard from the Alphas since the news was announced. Vampires were the biggest threat to their kind and unfortunately with a human for their Luna, the crescent moon pack knew they was most vulnerable.

She walked into the great hall, head held high as she looked over every single pack member that had gathered to hear her orders. Taking a deep breath, she turned to each and everyone, trying to keep her heart rate steady, knowing really she could be putting them all in danger.

"Ivan is still yet to make contact, until we know what has happened we will continue as though we still have our Alpha" Everyone nodded at her words as mumbles echoed through the room.
"All children and women will be moved into the pack house immediately, all warriors will train on the grounds and only on our grounds. Anyone over the age of eighteen will start training with our pack warriors and will learn how to fight in their wolf form and human form. All elders will rotate guard duty whilst training is in session" Everyone stood quietly listening, the plan so far was good, something they all agreed with.
"Remember these are not rogue wolfs you are up against, these are deadly creatures who have the upper hand, you need to be prepared for them".
'Yes, Luna' echoed as she looked out at the sea of followers, no sign of doubt on a single face.
"So far Blood moon have lost four warriors and moon stone have lost two, be vigilant, be strong and be ready". She walked forward as the wolfs moved out of her way, just before she reached the doors she turned back to look at them.
"And don't forget, keep your mind links open, we need to be able to communicate with one another, I may not be able to hear you, but I can call out to you". She turned once more, leaving the room and rushing back to Ivan's office where she spent most her time. Slamming the door behind her she turned her back to it, her heart racing as fear built up again. She was scared and couldn't shake the feeling something awful had happened.

Lila and Olivia thought it was best to check in on Elizabeth, she hadn't been herself since Ivan left and not only was she taking care of the pack but also a small child, their concerns of her looking after herself were valid, she looked like a ghost.

"Are you sleeping?" Olivia asked as she sat beside Elizabeth who watched Tilly move around on the floor playing. She shook her head 'no' before looking down at her hands in her lap.
"Are you eating properly?" Lila asked only to get the same reply.
"I-I feel like my life is over and I don't know why" She whispered as tears built up in her eyes. "I don't know if his alive, if his hurt, I don't have the same connection, I can't mind link him, he didn't take his phone, nothing". She said as she began to break down, her body shaking violently with every sob.

The she wolfs all felt for Eliza, Lila could still feel her mate and knew he was fine, but Eliza didn't have that and none of them knew if Ivan was okay, the men had all shut their mind links off, no one was answering their phone either. Olivia had been tempted to go after them but the fear of meeting the same fate as her late mate she decided against it.

"I just want him home" She whispered as she finally began to calm down. Jerome came into the room picking up the small child who sat rubbing her eyes.
"Luna, I'll take Tilly, why don't you get some rest whilst Lila and Olivia are here" He suggested, she looked between her two friends to see them both agreeing.
"What if something happens?" She asked, her voice cracking.
"Then we will wake you, Jerome can walk us through everything, if anything was to happen we will make sure you and Tilly are safe, Ivan needs his family to come home too". Lila said softly as she brushed Eliza's hair out of her tear soaked face.
"I'll settle Tilly, don't worry" Jerome said as he headed upstairs with the baby that clung to him as though she was a baby monkey.
Eliza headed to hers and Ivan's room, feeling the emptiness surrounding her sent shivers through her, she hated being here without him, it felt almost as though he had died, all she could do was hope it wouldn't be forever because she wasn't sure if she would ever recover from that.

 Runaway || Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें