Chapter 4 - Heavens' Dawn and the Garden

"Hello, little soul."

It was not a person who was talking.

I don't know why, but I was sure that the voice came from the puma. Probably because it was the only living thing I recognized.

Wherever I was...it was a strange place.

I am pretty sure that those in front of me were trees but...that was not wood. There was no sign of wood wherever I looked.

They were made of light.

Pure, bright light.

And inside that light I felt me...or at least, other beings like me.

Lots of them.

So many that I could not distinguish one from another.

And for the trees...I could not see an end to them.

No matter where I "looked".

There was no beginning either.

It felt like being in one of those huge forests of Sud America, an horizon of shimmering green, but white.

I could not see any ground, or terrain.

Tree's roots sank into thin air. I could see every inch of their branches while slowly expanding in a never-ending growth.

In the distance, although I could not tell how distant, due to absolute confusion, I felt a mass....I guess. A huge congregation of beings like me. Way, way more than those who were in the trees.

It gave the same sensation of observing the dawn. An ethereal dawn.

"Are you done land-gazing?" the voice echoed.

I turned to the animal, who was staring at me.

Its fur was pitch-black, matching the sky, while its eyes were white, matching the trees.

I didn't try to answer. I didn't have a mouth after all.

"You do not need a body of matter to communicate. Thoughts are enough with me." it replied.

Who are you?

"Since the beginning of time your race has called those similar to me gods and goddesses, and once we learned the meaning, we did not decline it."

...Am I dreaming?

"You are not."

Then...what happened?

"You died and I brought you here."

...Elementary dear Watson, elementary.

The puma kept staring at me, silently.

"Very interesting. You have been nearly overwhelmed by the Flow yet you still possess reason...and sarcasm."

I didn't know how to answer, so I didn't answer at all.

The puma started walking towards me, a thick gray fog engulfing him.

When the animal reached me it was not a puma anymore, but he had the form of a young, slender male with black hair and silver eyes.

He was wearing a greek long white chiton . Golden ornaments intertwined themselves with silvery filaments. His stomach was exposed, as well as most of his arms and legs.

Although the dress was quite feminine for modern standards, it gave him a completely different "aura": Regalic did not fit him completely. He was evanescent like...well...a god.

He opened one of his hands, pulling me on it, and raised my being at the level of his eyes.

"Little soul, I have a proposal for you..." he started.

I didn't like that look he was giving me. Nor evil nor good.

It was malicious. I felt like a circus animal.

I do not have anything in program for the next eternity...as you probably know.

He smiled.

"Would you like to live another life?"