Chapter 5 - Divine Hands, Divine Fangs

Just to be sure...you do not mean giving life to my body once again, am I right?

"Obviously not, you died nearly a month ago, doctors have already confirmed the fatality and you've been burned three days ago at noon. Sending you into the living with your old body would create...severe inconveniences. Also, I do not remember your face very well and reconstructing your body would be quite annoying."

I love how you say these things as if they were normal.

"In fact, they are for me."

If I could stare intensely at him, I would have done it. This "god" surely was unique.

"Is that a compliment?"

...It depends on how you take it. By the way, can you stop peeking into my head please? Do you know what privacy means?

"I cannot. If I were to do that, we would also not be able to communicate. I do know what privacy means, even if it's a silly concept." A soft laugh accompanied these phrases.

Silly? You don't like to have your spaces?

"Not with my brothers and sisters, there is no secret between us."

Lovely utopia you live in.

"It is not an utopia, little soul, but I understand why you think it is. Your race' society made such a thought feasible only as a utopia, but it's actually very possible. It's quite funny"

He laughed again, as if he was talking about a funny moment during a football match.

"Seriously, in order to find the so-called intelligence your race dresses herself with, one has to look for platinum needles into a sea of silver, to say it nicely."

I agree with you, yet I still do not believe the relationship between you and your family or whatever.

"It is fine, I am not requesting you to believe it. Anyway, back on script or someone will be mad at both of us. What is your answer to my proposal?"

I took my time. I did want to go there but...I was also afraid. I wondered what would have happened if I pushed to return to my Earth but then, something I should have not forgotten, appeared once again.

How's my father?

"The first or the second?"

...If you know about both, then you also know the answer.

I waited and he, too, stood still.

After a while, he tilted his head.

"Eh, he seems to like the sofa a lot given the amount of bot-"

Don't try to joke around.

Surprisingly, it was enough to shut him down.

He looked at me, dead in the eye. "Destroyed. Alcohol. I see a couple of people outside the house trying to speak with him.

One second.

Two.

Three.

Can I see him?

"No." he responded without even thinking.

...

In silence, I stared at him.

I wanted to be angry. I wanted to be desperate, as I should have been, but inside, that new stillness did not falter.

"Emotions and sentiments are a complicated subject. Souls, in their purest form cannot feel them." he stated, as a matter of fact.