2

Senior year.

Eleven months until I could get the hell out of North Carolina.

"I can't believe my last baby is almost done with high school!" my dad smiled as he took picture of me.

Of course, my mom just had to get one of those cheesy signs.

 I looked down at my Apple watch, "Well your baby is about to be late."

My parents put down their phones. "Have a good day Ro."

I got into my car. "I'll try."

I wanted my senior year to be like the movies. I felt like IIi had a good foundation to make that happen. I was on the cheer team, student body president, and. had a great group of friends. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't stay in my comfort zone and try to enjoy every moment.

After all, who knew where all my friends would end up in college?

I took a deep breath before I walked inside.

Today was going to be a good day.

My school had a senior sunrise to celebrate the beginning of the senior year. We watched the sunrise with donuts & orange juice and wrote letters to ourselves that we would open at senior sunset come May. 

I wondered where I would be in May.

I couldn't wait to read it in a couple of months.

Ivy gave me a hug. "I'll see you at lunch, Ro. Have a good day!"

"I'll try." I said to her before I walked to my first class of the day which was genetics. 

And I immediately wanted to walk about.

I was going to be seeing him at seven in the morning for too many months straight.

This was going to be a long year.

In my eyes, Hayden Brooks was the type of guy that every girl wanted to be with and every guy wanted to be. He could pick a girl up in a matter of seconds, he was conventionally attractive, and he knew how to make everything work for him.

Ultimately, I knew he was an annoying playboy hat only cared about himself. 

I hated that I was of envious of his charisma, especially at 7:33 in the morning. 

I remained cordial and ignored him.

The last thing I wanted was to make a fool in front of myself.

Good first impressions were important.

All I wanted was a good year.

"Do you have your college choices together?" my mom asked me. 

I was sitting at the table just trying to put together good events for the school year. Then here she comes aggravating me.

"You know, at this point, I don't care as long as it's out of state." I looked up at her.

"Rowan Carroway, you need to get it together. Shawn and Sloane knew where they wanted to go! Sloane had practically applied by labor day."  she practically scolded me.

I sighed. "Mom, I've been home for thirty minutes. Please just give me ten seconds of peace. Go call Sloane or something."

My mom had her hand on her hip. "Fine. We're having lasagna for dinner FYI."

"Sounds great." I put my attention back on my iPad.

This was going to be a good year.

The first few days of school were spent adjusting from my school schedule, getting ready for the pep rally, and trying to keep my parents off my neck.

"Girls!" our coach yelled, "The pep rally is next Friday and if you aren't throwing a tuck right now, I suggest you get in some emergency tumbling privates. We have our new uniforms and we need to be on our A-game."

She pointed at me. "I want you to throw a full at the beginning tumbling sequence. I really think it will add some flair."

I gave her a thumbs up. 

Prayers for my joints.

"How long did you cheer all-star?" Brinleigh asked me as we walked to my car.

I promised that I would give her a ride home.

"Fourth to tenth grade. I stopped junior year because it all became too much." I responded.

"Carroway!" a voice called out.

I turned around to see Hayden walking toward me. 

You cannot be serious right now.

"Hayden, my entire body hurts, please spare me." I rolled my eyes.

"Please, Mr. Lopez just wanted me to give you this worksheet since you came in late and he forgot." Hayden handed me a piece of paper.

I took it. "Thanks."

He put his hand over his chest. "Oh my gosh, you said thank you. Carroway, can you believe this?"

"You know, that's my last name." I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes and turned around. "You look like a car hit by the way." 

I looked at Brinleigh. "What a gentleman."

"He is cute though." she winked.

 I shook my head. "Nuh-uh, get in the car now.""

Reputationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें