20

I pulled back and looked him in the eyes.

Both of our eyes were wide, we weren't saying anything, oh my gosh this was real life. Hayden fucking Brooks kissed me! The guy that I hated for years, who would taunt me, we kissed. We were actually friends.

But now we kissed so were we still really friends?

"Upgrade from the shed, huh?" he asked me.

I rolled my eyes and wiped my mouth. "That's never happening again."

He chuckled and bit his bottom lip. "As I said, it's always going to be me and you."

He was making me lose my breath.

"Do you actually care about me?" I leaned against the railing.

"Even when I "hated" you, I never wanted anything bad to happen to you. I know that I would say some slick shit, hell, even some twisted shit, but I never really meant it. And honestly, as of lately you're someone that I really trust and admire." he expressed.

I could feel a little smile creep up on my face.

Do you trust me? You admire me, Hayden Brooks?

"I think that you bring out the good in me." Hayden locked eyes with me.

Oh my fucking god, I used to want to kill you. Now I just want to kiss you. I wanted to kiss him. I couldn't believe that I was thinking that.

Deep breaths.

Maybe it was my hormones or I was just horny.

"I have to go check on everything. I'll see you later." I stood up straight.

I felt his hand on my waist as he moved me closer to him. "I'll walk with you."

"Hayden!" I swatted his hand away.

He smirked. "I'm not going to let you walk in the woods along, Ro. Someone has to protect you from the bears and coyotes."

"You're so..." I couldn't find the word.

He walked with me until we reached the general population of students. He went back to his friends and I walked to find Ivy.

She was talking to a group of girls. I greeted everyone, but I looked at Ivy.

"Can you help me with something, Ivy? It won't take long." I asked my best friend.

She nodded her head. "Of course, Miss Carroway!"

I stood up and we walked away from the group to a bench.

"What do you need help with?" Ivy wondered.

I crossed my arms and started to bite my thumbnail (something I never did). He had me soo flustered and confused.

I blinked as I looked at her. "Something happened?"

"What?" she frowned as we sat down. 

"Hayden kissed me." I announced.

Her eyes got big and her hand went over her mouth. "Shut up! You're lying! When? Just now?"

I nodded. "Just now."

Ivy squealed. "I knew this would happen! Bria and I were literally talking about this the other day. Oh my gosh, it's like Christmas. How do you feel?"

I held up my shaky hands. "I hate him, I definitely hate him, who does he think he is to kiss me after all he did? We've hated each other for years and he just goes and kisses me!"

"Was it an abrupt kiss?" she wondered.

I shook my head. "Yes and no. He committed to UT-Austin, we had a moment, and boom, his lips are on mine."