Chapter 6 : Kate Brown

The next day.
Ryan went to fetch Kate from the hospital as I went to work. When I came back from work the house was silent. I'm not talking about the peaceful silent but the creepy silent. As I walked to the living room I found  them watching TV. He looked at me and smiled. I hope he finally sees I'm not at fault. You know sometimes we lose people we love to gain growth but him, he means everything to me. What do I gain if I lose the person I've been with almost for the rest of my life. I went to my bedroom and slept. The next morning my boss called me. He said "Hi Mrs Coleman." his voice is so deep yet so charming. His voice is a window to my soul but hey I'm someone's wife ain't I? I said "Hi Doctor P" He giggled and said "Oh so we now formal huh?" I laughed and said "you started it didn't you?". He said "I mean yeah Coleman, look I'm worried about you?" I said "why?" he said "Ciara you know I care about my employees right?" I said "yeah". He said "Liazo saw something disturbing in your house. Are you safe Ciara?" his voice became more smoothing. He said "you know you have a home right here.... right?" I said "You know the reason why we called our relationship quits right?" he said "we were only in high school. I know about your infertility that's why our child miscarriaged and I never blamed you.". I said "please don't remind me." he said "tell me why did you choose this career?" I said "because I want to help woman." he said "stop lying to yourself Ciara you know you've been feeling guilty about miscarriaging Ryan's children right? He got you up tight to the point the only way you would escape reality is to hold countless children. Remember what you told me in high school in terms of your career path. " I said" what?" he said" you wanted to travel the world with me. You wanted to embrace your pure talents and even though you love being a doctor. You and I both know why. " I said" Ryan what's the point of you calling. " he laughed and said" I was looking at our high school pictures and how our parents used to love each other. You see... You and I are soul tied. We share a very special bond. We share this bond because of our baby. You and I saw the little fetus of our child coming out of you. " he started crying and said" Why would you think I became a pediatrician? Our baby Ciara, our little baby. Don't stay in a marriage where you have to face down fall alone. I can see the bruises that you hide" I said "wipe your tears P. I don't want that memory to hurt us again." he said "if I didn't move to another province we could have been married by now" I said "yeah let me go bye" I hanged up the call and took a deep breath. You know losing what's growing inside of you is more worse than losing someone that is on earth. My children took pieces of me every time they left me. As I was running my thoughts Ryan got in the bedroom with my breakfast. He placed it on the side of my bed I looked at him. He came closer and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I looked away, the silent in the room was so loud. He existed the room. A man who I love became a stranger over night. I got up and prepared for work. As I got to the hospital I get a call from Ryan. He said "You didn't touch your food." I said "ndiyazi, I'm just not in the mood to eat." he said "what about the baby, probably the baby wants to eat."I said" I'll eat relax." he said" okay bye." he ended the call. My day was long at the hospital, it was busy. No matter what I love my job. I bumped into P he looked at me and said" sawubona." I said" molo" he laughed and said "oh you in your mother's tongue something must have upset you." he knows me damn well. It's like he can see my soul through my eyes. I said "Yeah I have to go." he said "ima I'ma, wait I was serious about what I said this morning." I said "don't be ridiculous please."