Chapter 6 - The Witchfinder

A/N - This won't be the EXACT same as the actual episode of the same name. I am going to change it due to Arthur having magic in my story. I probably also won't follow the exact script of the story.

Oh and BIG thanks to the few people who read my story!!!!

-----

Arthur's POV

I freeze in place at what my father had just said. He was going to call the witchfinder. I visibly start to tremble. I have seen what the man can do with my own two eyes years ago. Back then I still hadn't known about my magic, but now...

I am about to protest, to tell my father that perhaps this isn't a good idea but one look at his expression and I could tell no matter what I said, it would change nothing. His mind was set. I slump against my throne. My mind racing with worry. I catch Merlin from the corner of my eye. We have been together for the last few months. No one knew, except for Gaius, Gwen, and of course Morgana. They were all supportive of our relationship, which was quiet a relief.

I see the expression on Merlin's face. He seems to be just as afraid as I am, for what reason I had no idea.

-----

The witchfinder had been in Camelot for under a day and he already had much evidence to a sorcerer lurking within Camelot walls. He had introduced three women who claim to have seen hallucinations. I found it strange that a sorcerer would go about Camelot creating hallucinations on women but decided to keep my mouth shut.

"There is only one suspect to these crimes..." Aredian starts, pausing for dramatic effect. I feel a shiver run down my spine. I expect him to point me out as a suspect.

"Well? Who is it?" My father asks, a little impatient.

Aredian smiles and points in the direction of the last person that I would have expected. "The servant boy, Merlin."

I stare in disbelief. "Merlin?" I state incredulous, "you have got to be joking."

Aredian simply smirks at me and turns back to face Merlin. The latter seems unfazed. His face betrays no emotion. Gaius shoots forward in front of Merlin protectively. "This is absurd!" He shouts, "you have no evidence."

"A thorough search of the boys chambers will give all the evidence we need. Will that be alright with you?" Aredian directs the last part to Merlin.

"I have nothing to hide," Merlin states, clear confidence in his voice. Sometimes he could be a lot braver then he seems.

My father nods and gestures for the guards to take Merlin into the cells while we search his room. I watch the guards pull him roughly away. My hands grip the armrests on my throne even harder then they already were. My knuckles begin turning white as I almost snap the armrest clean off the throne.

I can't believe someone would accuse Merlin, my Merlin, of using evil sorcery. At this point, I almost wished he had pointed me out instead. At least I would know Merlin was safe. I glare daggers at the back of Aredian's head as he smirks triumphantly while Merlin is dragged away.

-----

The guards trash Gaius's chambers, searching for so called 'proof' that Merlin was an evil sorcerer. They find nothing for the first little while, until one of the guards smash a pot. A bracelet with a golden coloured gem slides out along with bright green dust. I stare at it in disbelief. Is Merlin also a sorcerer? Aredian picks it up with glee.

"An instrument of sorcery," he states, "did you know about this Gaius?"

Gaius stares at it. No emotions cross his face. "No I did not. But I know for certain that that does not belong to Merlin."