Chapter 32 - Another Problem

Arthur's POV

~2 week later~

Smash!

Cracks form across the glass of the mirror. Shards clatter to the wooden floorboards with a shrill cry. The goblet I had just thrown bounces on the ground once before rolling across the floor only stopping when it hits the desk.

I pick up a chair and toss it across the room. It smashes against the wall, denting it. One of the legs breaks off and flys off somewhere to the right.

I begin to pace around the room. I feel my magic leaping up inside me, threatening to break loose. I keep it at bay by constantly tossing goblets or plates across the room with it.

Anger and frustration boils inside me dangerously like one of Gaius's potion concoctions. I clench my fists at my sides as objects continue to fly around the room around me. The Knights and I have been searching for Merlin for over two weeks now. There still has been no sign of him. I'm beginning to become frustrated, angry that even with a dozen search parties, the Druids, and two dragons we still cannot find even a trace of Merlin.

I kick the broken shambles of what used to be one of the dining table chairs.

Goblets are still being tossed around my chambers by my magic when Gwaine walks into the room. He ducks his head quickly when a silver goblet flys straight towards his face.

"Woah, princess calm down," he says.

"I am calm," I mutter through gritted teeth.

"Clearly not." Gwaine dodges again. "You have drink ware shooting across your room. Also Arthur, your causing the torches outside your chambers to go haywire."

I feel the magic in my system dim down slightly at the mention of the torches. I didn't want to burn down all of Camelot. "Sorry."

"No worries. I just wanted to come check on you. You've been cooped up in here since we got back yesterday. Everyone's worried."

"I said I'm fine."

Gwaine sighs. He walks over and places a gloved hand on my shoulder. "I want to find Merlin as much as you, but freaking out like this isn't helping the situation.

I let out a breath. The goblets finally drop to the floor with a clatter. "I know. I just need to let out some of the stress."

"Perhaps some training will help?"

"Yeah perhaps."

I rub my eyes before grabbing my sword off the floor. It must have toppled over during my fit. I glance around at my disaster of a room. Everything is strewn all over the place.

I whisper a spell which causes everything to move back into place. The goblets pick themselves back up. The leg of the chair reattaches itself while the mirror pieces back together to create the reflecting glass once again. I sigh inwardly. If there were only a spell that could piece together my heart.

"I still can't get used to seeing you use magic," Gwaine exclaims in awe.

I smirk before opening the door to leave only to crash into one of the maids. She has bright blonde hair that's tied up into a bun on her head. She frantically picks up the clothes she drops and apologizes profusely.

"It's alright, nothing to worry about," I say with a smile. I hand her a few of the clothes I had picked up for her before heading back down the hall. I see her scurry off in the opposite direction.

------

I hack away at the training dummy relentlessly. I feel the blade of my sword glide across the dummy's chest as it tears it open. Straw flies everywhere as I continue to tear away at the mannequin. By the time I stop it has become an unrecognizable lump.