1

"Come with me to work."

You pause, spoon full of cereal hovering in mid air. Then, you snort and shake your head, putting the spoon in your mouth. Your voice comes out muffled by its metal curve. "Damn, Sara. I didn't know you could tell jokes."

The short haired girl in-front of you rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "I'm not joking," She waves her hand. "There's a spot available. You might be able to get a job if you play your cards right—"

"Ha! And what makes you think your phony little boss would even accept me?" Giving her your own eye roll, you grab your bowl and move to leave the kitchen. Sara stomps after you.

"She would!" She protests. "I- I could make her!"

You give an unimpressed look. "Babe, you're just an intern. Besides," With a flop, you're at your usual spot on the couch. "I don't want to see Ei. And she doesn't wanna see me. So, what's the point?"

"The point is you don't have a job!" Sara sits down beside you, much more softly than you did. "We're roommates! You can't keep living here scott free!"

"Then call up Scott and i'll talk to him," You shrug with a playful smile. "Problem solved."

"Y/n!"

You're quite familiar with Sara's mad voice. It's really rather amusing. She'll huff, cross her arms, maybe send you a glare or two. With a knowing sigh you set your food down on the table in-front of you and look over. "I'm not living here for free," Your hand goes to your heart in mock offense. "Oh my! Do our shared nights mean nothing to you Sara?"

Sara flushes more than she'd like to admit, swatting at you. "That was one time."

"Actually it was two. Or maybe three, see I don't know dear because your moans were really quite distracting—" You hand playfully traces over her shoulder, she huffs and pushes it away.

"You left the next morning."

"I was getting you breakfast."

"You were fucking the owner!"

"Candace is quite skilled with her hands~" Sara groans and hits your leg, you chuckle and lean back. "Okay okay, i'll stop."

It was a funny banter between you two, mentioning your shared past and then arguing back and forth until one of you gave in. Sara wouldn't admit it, but she found it amusing.

"Good," Sara mumbles. "Now, get your shoes on."

You sigh and turn fully to face her. "Okay princess, explain this to me. You want me to go prancing-"

"I never said prancing-"

"Shut it." You wave your hand. "Ahem, prancing into Ei's office, to do what exactly? Clasp my hands together and bow down to her? Beg her for a job because my life is pathetic and i'm broke?"

Sara hesitates. "Well..no.."

"Then you must want me to apologize, hm?" Your starting to get a little too into the banter. " 'Oh Ei, i'm so sorry I dated your sister-'"  

"Y/n- Stop-"

" 'Sorry I called her over, sorry she got in that accident, sorry she's—" You stop, your eyes slightly widen, but you recover quickly and look away. "Not a chance."

Sara's quiet. The silence between you is suffocating, until her hand rests on your knee. "Y/n.. I know things were tense at the funeral, but—"

"You don't." You shake your head, shoulders slightly softening. "She's the spitting image of Ma- of her. I can't even look her in the eyes."