5

cw: slight dissociation
a/n: get ready for the oddest friend group, not proofread because i'm lazy

Arriving at the meetup spot, you find your nerves practically swallowing you whole. Why'd you think this was a good idea? You can't wrap your head around it. There's so many people, and so much noise. Too much noise. You feel like your being swallowed, gripping onto Makoto's sweater and Sara's arm as she guides you to the trunk. It's too much. It's too, too much. Why did you decide to come?

Sara didn't say anything to you, but she did let you hold onto her and focused on one handedly pulling out your suitcases. You felt like people were staring at you. And they probably were, it's not like you worked for the company after all. You were just some sad project Sara had dragged here with you.

"I know what you're thinking, and stop."

Sara's voice, as always, pulls you from your rut. She's heaving your suitcase onto the grassy earth, and looking back at you with a knowing glance. "Stop getting in your head like that, alright? Everything's gonna be okay."

Your nodding meekly and unable to answer as someone soon yells; "Sara! You made it!"

Turning toward the voice you find a girl nearly tripping over her own feet as she rushes to the two of you. Her hair is light pink, blue tips, face warm with life and happiness. When she reaches you both, she tugs Sara into a large hug. Well, that's new.

"Kokomi..!" Sara's.. blushing? She awkwardly hugs the girl back and glances between you and her before clearing her throat and pulling away. "Uh.. this is Y/n, my—"

"Oh!! You're Y/n?" 'Kokomi' turns quickly to you and grabs your hand, shaking it quickly. Worry flashes in Sara's eyes, but you somehow switch your personality within a second to easily match hers.

"Yes!" Your nodding quickly, grinning ear to ear. "It's so nice to meet you! You know I hadn't realized Sara actually had friends."

Sara scowls and hits your shoulder softly. She pauses, and the two of you stare for a moment to silently confirm you're okay, and then she's turning to Kokomi and pinching the bridge of her nose. "Y/n here is my roommate. Y'know? The freeloader?"

Gasping, you mock offense by placing a hand over your heart. "Jeez Sara! So rude!"

Kokomi giggles and pulls her hand back to her body. "You two are so silly, it's great to meet you Y/n! Oh, you have to meet the others—" You really don't want to. But Kokomi is already turning to a group gathered some fifteen feet away. "Guys! Come meet Sara's friend!"

A group of about four people walk your way, your unease hidden behind the mask of a smile. First to reach you is a girl with short green hair, pulled up into a high ponytail. "Hello," She offers a soft smile, outstretching her hand. "I'm Kuki, are you joining the company?"

"Oh um—"

A large man interrupts you by eagerly pushing away Kuki's hand and replacing it with the both of his. He shakes your conjoined hands up and down like a hyperactive puppy. "Hey hey hey!! Names Itto! Say, I didn't realize Sara had a roommate! Must be a true pain livin' with that boulder!"

Oh you like him.

You don't even realize it, but the once irrepressible thoughts are being repressed. A genuine large grin on your face as you shake his hands just as eagerly. "You know it dude," Your nodding. "She's the worst, always nagging me to clean—!"

"I hate when Kuki does that!"

Sara clears her throat. "Consider you both homeless from now on."

Itto groans, voicing something about how he didn't mean it, when your hand is gently taken by a guy with a cool smile and burgundy hair. "Shikanoin Heizou," He speaks, his voice smooth and calm. "Please don't mind the big idiot, he's like a dog and gets excited when meeting new people."