12

unproof read
DAY THREE - HOUR FOUR

A few hours later you wake up, again. Your head was tucked deep into something warm, and you could hear a faint beating. It wasn't until you cracked open your eyes that you saw a bit of her shoulder and her long purple hair. Instinctively you tried to move closer, but you quickly regained yourself and remembered that Makoto was... so this was Ei.

Slowly, but gently, you pull back. "You're awake?"You stop, looking up and squinting. Ei's eyes look down at you, light purple in hue and with one brow a bit higher than the other in an arch. "Did you sleep well?"

Blinking, your brows itch to furrow. But you don't let them. You only nod softly. Ei then...smiles at you, for some reason, and rubs your back. "Good. Are you hungry? Let's have a bit of the leftover bacon, yeah?"

You're just in utter confusion.

Ei gently stands and guides you off of her, letting you recuddle up with a blanket. She then turns, leaving the room as if her personality hadn't just taken a complete one eighth in the span of one night. Honestly, you're a little iffy leaving that girl to cook.

Maybe it was the soju that was making her so... confusingly kind.

Whatever it was, you were trying to ignore it.

It felt nice for her to not be mad at you, but it was uncanny to see such sweetness all of a sudden.

Your eyes blink a bit more as you adjust to the room, before sighing and reaching over for your phone. Upon opening it, your met with a few 'new' messages from Sara. All of which are very obviously from the prior days.

11:45 pm. three days ago.

Sara: Hey, it's been a few hours. You okay? You probably went to bed, me and Kokomi are laying down now.

Sara: not together. so don't think that.

Sara: anyways, I hope you sleep well. Tomorrow when we all regroup, make sure you bring a sweater okay? I think it's gonna get cold.

9:30 am. two days ago.

Sara: Hey, are you okay? We woke up this morning (again, not together) and saw the snow must've picked up a lot last night. It's at least a foot or two down here, is it better up there?

9:45 am. two days ago.

Sara: Letting you know Miss Yae canceled the meet today. The snow is a bit more now. Knowing you, you're sleeping in. Text me when you wake up.

1:32 pm. two days ago.

Sara: Is everything okay, y/n? You haven't responded to anything yet.

Sara: I think the snow is at four feet now. I don't know where it came from, wasn't in the weather forecast. Just try to stay warm, okay? You must have food up there, so ration a bit.

Sara: I love you. Text me back soon, ok?

6:00 am. yesterday.