10

a/n: oh ok so there's 400 of you now haha ok no pressure haha so fun can't wait (THIS IS A JOKE PLS LMAOO)

unproof read !!!
_______

DAY TWO — HOUR FIVE

"The nights are only gonna get colder." Ei voices, returning from her room with a weary look. She rubs her arm and frowns. "We can't let the fireplace go all night."

You barely manage a grunt in response, still hung up over those stupid messages. Ei sighs. "Say something."

Turning your head, you sigh. "That's not really my main concern right now. Just put on extra layers and call it a night."

"And risk pneumonia? Or something along those lines?" Ei shakes her head. "No way."

Groaning, you reach up to place a hand on yours. "Okay, well I don't know what you want me to do about it. We'll have to keep the fireplace on if you're so worried about fucking pneumonia."

Ei quiets and sighs through her teeth. She moves to the couch you're on and sits down. Instinctively you pull your legs back. She watches the movement and then looks away.

God. You're so difficult. You're so annoying. You're so- How did Makoto ever even like you?

The two of you sit in silence for a bit, before you speak. And this time your voice is quieter. "I don't know."

Ei looks over. Shit. "I didn't mean to say that out loud," She whispers softly, realizing her mistake. "I—"

"It's whatever." You mutter back. "I don't know why she liked me. I don't know why she chose to date me, I don't know why she chose to help me the night that- well. Yeah. I don't know."

Ei's brows furrowed softly. "What do you mean help you? What happened?"

"Why do you care?" You scoff, but it's somehow with more grief than it is anger. "She just did, okay. Something happened, and I needed her help. And then everything went downhill and now-"

Now your anger is growing.

You stand.

"And now I'm locked in a fucking cabin with her exact look-a-like," You snap, rubbing your head. "And it's fucking freezing, and every thing you say sounds like her but it isn't her— and fuck, it's freezing!"

Ei just watches your mini outburst. Her chest is rising and falling a bit faster now. She swallows. "Y/N—"

Giving an exasperated sigh, you don't even let her speak. "Don't," You say weakly. "Don't say anything. You'll just make me think of her more. That's all you ever do."

Ei's fist tightens softly. Are you..? Are you insinuating that her mere presence is something so uncannily resemblant of her dead sister that you can't even allow her to speak?

"You think I like looking like her?" Ei snaps herself, standing up. "Do you think I like looking in the mirror and seeing her, speaking and hearing her voice?"

You flinch back. "That's not what I—"

"No?" Ei scoffs. "It never is, is it?"