2

! slight physical violence

_____

"Fucking maze.." You mutter bitterly, scanning around floor two for any sign of coffee. It's far too early for you to be doing this, you think, and it was far too rude for Sara to kick you out! Honestly, the nerve of that girl! You groan, stomping back over to the elevator. You grumble and pull out your phone, going to text Sara.

Your soon joined by a few other people, but don't acknowledge their presence as the elevator starts moving up.

dude
where the fuck is the stupid coffee shit

floor two

I WENT THERE.

Sara doesn't answer you afterward, and you begin to plan her funeral in your head. "Mother fucking ass I swear to god this is the last time I do shit for her," You choose to ignore the odd looks the fellow people in the elevator give you. Instead you lean against one of its walls and watch the floor. As the elevator dings, a large sum of those people leave, leaving you and one other person.

You flicker your eyes over, and your world stops. Her dull purple hair takes you by horrified surprise, your hand almost reaching out. "...Makoto?-"

The owner of her hair turns, and your hand lowers. Disdain is evident in her face, mixed with slight shock. She seems to take a step from you. "Y/n. Why are you here?"

Your shaky hand goes to your hip, as you force your eyes away from Ma- Ei's face. "Ei. I'm visiting with Sara."

"You'd never visit," She scoffs. Her tone is ice cold and rigid. "I'll ask again. Why are you here?" She then pauses, her eyes narrowing. A pure look of distaste on her face. "Don't tell me you're the one Miko said was applying..."

Your arms cross instinctively. "So what if I am?"

Ei's eyes waver. "Haven't caused enough suffering yet, I see. Want to ridicule my family more?—"

"Oh pipe down princess," You scoff. "That's not the case and you know it. Stop being a petty asshole. My money is tight and I needed a job, Sara dragged me here. You wanna take it up with someone? Take it up with her."

The woman beside you gives a large eye roll, turning to face away. "She has no right to bring you here," Her tone lowers, as does her voice. "Besides, we all know if you really needed money— you'd flaunt yourself at the next woman you see."

"Watch your tone." You hiss, she turns back with furrowed brows.

"Or what?" A chuckle falls from her lips. "This is my building, Y/n. I can have you removed or arrested for trespassing if I really need it."

Your teeth grit, hands forming into soft fists. "It's not your building."

"What was that?" Ei's eyes flicker to your hands. "You'd better watch it. Or i'll have you down for physical assault too."

"You fucking bitch—" You suddenly stop, meeting her gaze and getting a flash of Makoto. Your heart tugs, and you quickly look away with a scoff. "Tch. Whatever. Trust me i'll be out the second these goddamn doors open."

"Not so big and bad as you present, you're like a puppy." Ei hums, looking away. You're heart tugs. Not because she said that.