6

cw: slight dissociation, panic attack
a/n: I didn't abandon you! also longer chapter because I took a small hiatus! unproof read.

You're drifting further and further from the others while still retaining your seat. It's like the world is muffled again, Sara's standing and rushing over to Yae with a look of slight anger, the others around you are confused and questioning you why Sara's acting like that— and of course the dining hall is discussing Ei's quick escape.

It's too much.

You're being swallowed again.

The world is slowly going mute and you're just staring at the crack in your table— the only thoughts running through your head pertaining to that as if it's the most important thing in the world, and not the fact that your shacked with someone who hates your guts. And someone whom you aren't particularly fond of either.

Why does the world hate you?

No, breathe Y/n.

But you can't breathe. Your world is spinning and you're unable to stop it.

Why are you stressing over this?

Because you were an overthinker, obviously.

"Are you going to head to your cabin, Y/n?" Kirara is the first to break through your wall, laying a hand on your shoulder.

You faintly clear your dry throat and nod, forcing up into a standing position. "Yeah..yeah i'm going," But your breath is coming out so ragged and you're gripping the table for dear life.

Sara makes her way back to the table with a heavy sigh, shaking her head. "Archons, there's no getting through to her. Y/n I—"

"It's cool. I'm cool. We're cool." We are definitely not cool.

You offer the most disbelieving smile to Sara whose frown deepens. "I'm just..gonna grab my stuff and head up to my cabin. Alright..?"

"Are you sure? We don't have to leave for a bit, and your cabin is pretty far." Kokomi murmurs. You half wonder how she knows the location of your cabin, but before you can even process the thought she's already explaining. "Miss Ei stays in the same cabin every year."

"I see," Swallowing again you shake your head. "No, i'll be going. I'm tired anyway, it's been a really long day."

You barely spare the rest a word, grabbing your stuff and leaving quickly.

The chill of the night air makes you physically shiver, wondering why the hell it feels like winter. Your eyes scan the general spot, squinting in the direction that has Ei's heels imprinted in the ground. Well at least you know where to go.

With a shiver you hold yourself closer and begin to follow in that same direction, albeit begrudgingly, and for a continuous fifteen minutes it's just you and the woods. And it's getting colder and quieter with each step, as if the soil was physically sucked out of the earth or something and had left it nothing but a dead shell of something that had once been alive and thriving—

Archons, Y/n. Think positive!

But really was there any positives in this situation? No.

Passing cabin after cabin, your stomach swirls in a nasty way and nearly makes you stop and go back, but you continue on. On the bright side, if you get kidnapped and murdered you won't have to sleep in the same cabin as Ei!

A win is a win!

After hiking up hill for another ten minutes your beginning to think this is just pointless, and maybe it was Ei's plan to lead you down a path to nowhere just so you could get lost and die.