Volume 1 - Episode 9

Noctis P.O.V

It's been a couple of weeks now since I have attended and It was very normal during the school days, Ruby and Weiss have already patched things up and it was getting things back to normal. You were getting good grades in your classes getting a couple of A's on your exams and you were relieved that Weiss and Ruby were somewhat pals.

Right now I am in the Combat class with Prof Goodwitch and then me and my fellow teammates and classmates we're watching a match between Jaune and Cardin.

Just by the looks of how the fight was going, it wasn't pretty. Jaune was missing some of his attacks and misread his opponent's move, but you did give a hand on him the Kid didn't give up that easily. I could see that Cardin had a smug face while he was enjoying the fight against Jaune.

Blake: "He ain't doing so good."

She said while inspecting the fight.

Noctis: "I'll say...I can even beat Cardin with no swords he's so simple to read his attack as well."

My furious leader came in front of me and Blake made me gaze at Ruby.

Ruby: "Oh come one guy he's not that bad."

She protested at first until Jaune was sent flying across the Arena making me and the rest of Team RWBY look at Jaune.

I look back at Ruby raising my eyebrow getting her to smile weakly and return to her previous post.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose."

He said getting Jaune to look at him.

Jaune: "Over my dead-"

Then a swift knee strike was between his stomach of Jaune getting him to spit out saliva.

Prof Goodwitch: "Cardin that's enough!"

Glynda announce that the fight was over. She comes towards the Arena tapping her tablet and showing the status of the match on the giant screen above you.

Prof Goodwitch: "Student as you could see Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit got to battle and the official call the match."

As Glynda was talking to Jaune I notice how your team was somewhat excited about something.

Noctis: "Did I miss something here? Or what?"

Prof Goodwitch: "Remember students the Vytal Festival is only a few months away. It won't long before students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing."

Noctis: "Ah now I see."

Then I heard the school bell start to ring and the students started to leave. Before I left I notice that Pyrrah had a frown while noticing Jaune was still on the ground with his head down in shame.

I scratch my head and went towards Jaune who didn't notice you. Reaching out to Jaune so that he notices me is trying to help him out.

Jaune: "Um...Thanks."

He said while accepting my assistance from me.

Noctis: "Hey Jaune don't be down, cheer up you'll get better in no time."

Then you heard a burst of laughter behind you me and Jaune and noticed it was Cardin and his group.

Cardin: "Yeah right that loser doesn't have long if keeps this up."