Volume 1 - Episode 12

Noctis P.O.V

Am still awake. It's been three hours and I couldn't get a single sleep for some odd reason, I stood up from my bed and look out the window and see the crack moon. It's been weeks and I couldn't help that Jaune might be stressed about something.

As I was going to retrieve towards the window, I saw from afar I spotted somebody on the roof by the left side of the building, I got curious about this so I grab my jacket and walk out of my room and someone whom I knew how it was on the roof alone.

Noctis: "It must be him then..."

Mini Timeskip

When I arrived there I slightly opened the metal door and see that Jaune was standing and eyeing the cracked moon like me a few minutes ago. I completely open the metal door and Jaune gets spooked and notices me standing behind him

Jaune: "Oh hey Noctis, what are you doing here up so late?"

He said getting me to walk toward him and stand beside next to him as well. I look towards the cracked moon and shrug my shoulder.

Noctis: "Meh you know, couldn't sleep."

I said getting Jaune to nod and continue looking up toward the night sky.

Neither of us exchanged words, the only thing was that the two of us were looking toward the night sky, I looked toward Jaune and I notice some hint of sadness in his eyes. I smirk and go back looking towards the night sky.

Noctis: "Alright what's wrong, Jaune?"

I said getting Jaune to look at me.

Jaune: "Oh? Uhm...Nothing really."

Noctis: "Jaune You could tell me, I could tell that you have something in your mind, so spill it."

I said while crossing my arms and eyeing him. He look towards the ground and was in thought for a moment.

Jaune: "Do...Do you think I'm going to be a good Huntsman?"

I raise my eyebrow in confusion at his question.

Noctis: "What do you mean?"

Jaune: "I mean...Huh, we've been at this school for almost two or four weeks now and I don't feel any progress on my training."

Noctis: " Yeah so? Jaune your just starting and out of everybody nobody is perfect."

Jaune: "EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!"

He yelled getting me shocked by his outburst.

Jaune: "All my life I wanted to be just like my father and his father before him...*Looks to the ground* But all I did was cheat my way here." 

Noctis: "Wait? You're saying that..."

Jaune: "I cheated, Noctis...I don't belong here. I'm no swordsman like you or the others being a Huntsman." said with a sad look

Noctis: "Jaune...Don't say that come on...What if you cheated to get into this school, so what?"

Jaune: "No. You don't understand...You don't understand that I'm weak...You don't understand that I'm a failure at everything and can't do those fancies swords technique that you have...I can't even unlock my Semblance or get Cardin off my back just like you..."

I was about to say something to Jaune only to storm out of the roof and disappeared towards the exit getting you worried about your friend...

Noctis: "Jaune..."