Chapter Two: Lost and Alone

Disclaimer: If I owned Fairy Tail, the couples I ship would already be together, had kids, and died from old age. So I own nothing but my mind and non-Fairy Tail characters/places (You know the show so you should be able to tell which are real and which aren't)

Chapter Two:

Lost and Alone

When Lucy awoke after falling into the Labyrinth, the first thing that crossed her mind was Natsu. Where is Natsu? She thought frantically, looking around for him. The second thing that crossed her mind was that she was buried under than two tons of sand and she couldn't see. Holy shit, I'm buried alive and I can't see! She shrieked inside her head. Lucy considered calling one of her Spirits, but none of them had the power to illuminate dark caverns.

All at once, the cavern lit up with torches placed on either side of the walls. From where Lucy was standing, it looked like there were only two paths, stretching to her left and right.

"I guess I have to pick left or right if I wanna get out of here," Lucy stated. She pondered her choices and decided to go right. Before she could even set foot in the right path, something roared from inside. Lucy screeched and ran quickly inside the left pathway. She did not know that that roar belonged to Natsu, who was on the surface, trying to fight his way into the Labyrinth.

On the surface, Natsu was spewing fire and digging frantically around in the sand looking for his partner, looking for any sign of her hair, her hands, her clothes, anything!

"Dammit Lucy! Where are you?" Natsu snarled as he sat next to the ditch he dug, which was roughly ten feet deep. Happy was going to say something to cheer him up, but after taking one look at his face, he decided to stay quiet for once.

They stayed like this until a familiar voice broke them out of their trance.

"Oi, hothead! Why are you sitting by a ditch in the middle of the desert?" Gray Fullbuster asked his long-time rival and friend.

He began stripping unconsciously, and a very embarrassed (but happy) Juvia Lockser began blushing and saying, "Gray-sama! Juvia thinks you are very much handsome without your clothes!"

"Put your clothes back on, Ice for Brains!" Natsu growled. He wasn't in the mood for Gray, so he told him to get lost because no one in the desert practices exhibition.

"Like hell I will, Fire Face!" Gray yelled as he gathered up the remainder of his garments.

Natsu was on the last straw. "I said, GET LOST!" Natsu roared as his fist made contact with Gray's face. They started to fight and no on bothered to stop them.

Natsu, for the first time in his life, realized it was pointless to be fighting Gray when Lucy could be buried somewhere, lost or hurt, or even worse de- No! Natsu mentally shouted at himself. I can't afford to think like that!

So, instead of smashing Gray's face in with his fist, Natsu did the one thing he thought he would never do.

He walked away.

Happy, and most certainly Gray, were very surprised at what he did. They watched open mouthed as Natsu walked back to his spot by the ditch and flopped down.

Gray was the first to recover from the shock, and went to confront him immediately. "Hey, what was that all about Volcano Head?" Gray said, flabbergasted that Natsu refused to fight. He didn't respond, which just made Gray angrier at him.

Juvia, who had been staring at Gray while he was fighting, noticed something-or someone- was missing. "Where's Lucy?" Natsu's back stiffened at her name, and Gray caught him out of the corner of his eye.