Chapter 21

After a long few months, I've finally uploaded! Sorry for the delay, I've been dealing with school, homework, my life, and some really bad issues lately.

Here's a recap of what has happened.

Recap:

-Zane is still kidnapped.

-Ari finds a flower with her mom's quote, and she's wondering if she might be alive.

-She overhears Drew talking to his trackers that if they find Zane, they have to eliminate anyone else that could be a threat to the pack, including Arianna's mom.

Enjoy the chapter! Vote, comment, and fan (or follow now, they changed it! lol)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My fingers brushed lightly over the frame, feeling the delicate pattern of the outside and skimming over the cool glass. Her face filled with wonder, a small twitch at the corner of her lip in an attempt to smile, as she held on tightly to a baby girl and rested another hand on her son. Her smile hinted her teeth, and her coffee colored wisps flew around her face, framing it delicately.

A large tear hit the glass, blurring the image beneath. That was when I realized I'd been crying. I wiped it away with my sleeve, sniffling and setting the picture back on top of the shelf. Looking back around the room, a cracked window allowed a small angle of sun to stream in. The room still looked musky, particles of dust floating around. I walked over to the bed and touched it softly, feeling the material against my trembling fingers. Moving back away, I turned around, surveying every inch of the room. The ceiling was high up and filled with the natural wood that she loved. I could see the light satin curtains on the wall hanging limply, unlike their usual flow. Frowning slightly, I walked over to the window and slid it open. The wind immediately rushed in and began gently stirring them back and forth. I smiled, as the room lit up, showcasing the soft crème colored walls that she was always so fond of.

"She loved this room more than anything,"

My head swiveled to the door, spotting my father standing there with a small smile. I watched him warily as he looked around the room, sucking in a shaky breath every so often as he examined it.

"What are you doing here?" My voice finally resurfaced, while I crossed my arms and raised my chin defiantly.

He just looked at me, studying my face. He took a step in my direction, but suddenly stopped and backed away. Angling himself away from me, he shuffled towards the shelf I'd been at just a few moments ago, and stopped in front of mom's picture.

"She was always so beautiful, you know? She never hesitated to make anyone smile. I remember when we'd first met. I was out with a bunch of my friends at a party. Of course she was there too. She looked stunning when I'd first laid my eyes on her. The way she walked into a place like she owned it. She was so confident, but so modest, and so beautiful. Although, she was a true spitfire when she found out we were mates," he said, shaking his head while chuckling quietly.

I still looked at him, not responding at all. Was this supposed to be a father daughter moment? I couldn't really respond, I didn't know how to. He was actually being genuine but he still terrified me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, his body now facing me. I was too zoned out with my own thoughts to realize he was looking at me.