Chapter 8

Okay you guys, I just wanna say that i'm soooooo sorry I haven't uploaded in a while! I've had some final exams to worry about, but now they're over so i decided to write this chapter! I wrote this late at night so you guys should feel lucky! lol
I'm sorry once again! I also want to remind you that if you want a dedication, just comment first, or write a comment asking for a dedication! Thanks guys for all the support! Please comment and tell me if you like my writing style! Feedback greatly appreciated! (:

COMMENT, VOTE, AND BECOME A FAN! (also, if you want, recommend some of your books to me and I'll check them out! )

Pic of sexy Drew----------> 

I had to admit, Zane’s idea did make me curious. Would it actually work? Could Drew accept me?  But this was reality. Yeah, maybe it would work for a normal girl with a loving family, and best friends, but it was me here. I had no parents, a brother who wasn’t always around, and another to take care of. Plus the fact that I was the pack’s little mutt pet. There was no possibility that me and Zane could go out, not even hypothetically. Even if Zane wasn’t as popular as Drew, he was still part of their ‘it’ group. Besides, Zane was pretty hot, and then there’s me.

“Boo!” Zane popped up from behind the breakfast bar, scaring the crap out of me.

“Zane, go now,” I muttered, keeping my eyes fixated on the bowl of eggs I was whipping for breakfast. I couldn’t let him, a well-liked pack member, hanging out with the “girl in rags”. Honestly, Cinderella and I could’ve been best friends.

He sighed, before tipping my chin up. I was met with his beautiful brown eyes, concern and sadness filling them.

“Zane, please, I-I just don’t want you getting hurt because of me. I’ve caused a lot of pain to a lot of people, and I don’t want to add you to the list,” I whispered, tears blurring my vision.

He stood there, dumbfounded, before the spark of determination lit up in his eyes. ‘Uh-oh,’ I gulped. ‘Male wolves and their stupid sense of pride,’

“Hey! I heard that!” Zane pouted, crossing his arms. Oops, I guess I forgot to put up my mental wall. He must’ve overheard my thoughts. Stupid mindlink.

I just shook my head at him, grinning. He looked like a quiet one, but he was a talkative and good natured guy. Almost like a lost puppy, he would trail after me everywhere, whining and begging at me for attention. The thought of him actually getting up on his knees and begging me like the dog he was made me laugh inwardly.

“Zane, just go to the dining room and eat. We’ll talk later.” Scolding him, I grabbed the food and walked into the dining area. Zane trailed behind me, yet again, and stuffed his face instantly. I smiled, he reminded me so much of Sam. With his playful banter and puppy dog eyes, they were like mirror images, except that Zane was a tall, muscled, 18 year old boy.

Who knew one of Drew’s guys would be so caring yet mischievous?

I was brought out of my assessment by the heavy thud of footsteps. My throat gulped nervously. Dad. Instinct made me cower in the corner like always, but I guess today just wasn’t his day.

“Hey bitch, where are you?! Get out here right now!” He whisper/yelled at me.

I gulped once again, and scrambled out to meet his ferocious green eyes blazing right at me. Mentally, I tried to recall anything that I might have made him upset for, but I came up blank. I’d already made him (and the others) breakfast, did his laundry, made his bed, cleaned his room, everything. So why was he mad?