Ch.1 The First Light

A bright light shined on the skye, and I could only stare up at it. It was like time had stopped, just in that second, while the light was beaming across the skye it was so weird yet fascinating. that's all I remember, after that I blacked out and I remember waking up to rubble and chaos everywhere. meteorites, fire, dead body, screaming, crying were present that day, I couldn't fathom it all, and all I could do was sit there.

it have been a day since the the incident and soldiers have been going from home to home, gathering people that have gained weird abilities, they call them radiants. When they came to my house that was in ruins. I was sitting by a big pile of the houses remains and all I could do was point at the rubble and say "mother". The soldier quickly picked me up and begin scanning me with a weird device. one soldier nods to another and a female soldier comes to me takes my hand and escorts me to a van.

Female Soldier: "look kid, now you are going to a hospital, okay. And there you are going to get better or getting used to your new abilities."

Y/n: "mhmm....."

She takes me into the van and places me on a free spot. Inside the van is filled with diffrent people from diffrent places. From young too old, and from men to women. I can just sit in silence and look down into the floor. After a while the of driving the van stops, and we arrive at an airport, right next to an airplane. We all get escorted into the airplane. And the cabin crew begins to explain, what we need to do if the plane crashes or something bad happens. The plane ride was awfully quiet and the tension was out of the roof, I wanted to bawl my eyes out, but I need to keep it together.

After the plane ride, we arrive in some kind of facility, many people are getting escorted into the facility. At the entrance people are getting scanned and then getting separated into age groups. I go to one of the guards, and he scans me with the device the soldiers scanned me with when they first picked me up. After getting scanned and all of that, I get leaded into a group of kids around my age. Im 11 and the group consist of almost only 11 year old from every part of the world. i stand ther akwardly in the crowd not knowing what to do, as time passes by some guards escorts us away into our seperate rooms, i soon get escorted into a room too. when i arrive and take a seat, a doctor enters and greets me. The doctor seems quite young maybe in his 30's.

Doctor: "Hi, i'm doctor Wilson and im here to run som test on you, you don't have to be scared. Alright then, whats your name young man"

Y/n: "my name is Y/n"

Doctor Wilson: "and have you experience any discomfort or any signs of sickness or fever?"

Y/n: "no sir"

Doctor Wilson: "Well aren't you such a well mannered boy. Okay, have you discovered some new abillities, or things you can do now that you couldn't before?"

I want to say yes, but this all seems very sketchy this whole operation or whats should i call it.......
i may seem to mature for my age, but this is just how i am.

Y/n: "no sir, i have not experience any new abillities"

Doctor Wilson: "Alright then, that concludes my tests. We will have you meet another radiant, and see how you guys communicate. If you can't understand the persons languague, then use the tablet on the table. Alright i will leave you to it then."

Doctor Wilsen then leaves and i get to sit in the room thinking of my current situation. I have to be cautions in this situation I have found myself in. I sit there in silence waiting, but the waiting time begins to drag out, and my patience begins to run out. I wander around the room and satisfy my 11 year old curiosity. After around a minute or two the door opens and I get greeted by a young female guard, and a girl around my age my age, she seems to be asian. The female guard lets the girl in and then closes the door.

Y/n: "Um.. Hi i'm Y/n"

Girl: "나는 사누ㅜ 한 (I'm Joon-Hee:)"

The girl seems to be a little shy, she has black hair, but some parts of hair is beginning to turn white. This tablet is also really handy, without it I wouldn't be able to communicate with her.

Joon-Hee:: "왜 다들 날 미워해, 왜 우리가 여기 있어? (why does everyone hate me, why are we here?)"

Y/n: "I honestly don't know either, but don't worry you are going to be fine"

I can see tears forming in her eyelids, she must have been through a lot and I can't say I haven't either, but I have to stay strong for now.

Joon-Hee: "엄마 아빠가 그리워 (I miss my mom and dad)"

Y/n: "Don't worry you are going to get out of here in no time, and then you'll be home before you know it."

She begins to cry and I felt like I needed to do something

Y/n: "do want a hug?"

She nods, and I give her a hug. I can feel her relaxing and she slowly stops crying.

Y/n: "So what abilities do you have?

She looks around looking for something, when she sees a water bottle. She grabs the water bottle and it begins to float in her hands, it slowly begins to move around more and more before the water bottle gets launched away. I can only stand there and look in aw.

Author:

thank you all for checking out this book, please comment your opinion and look forward to new updates :)