Ch.9 Cold

3rd person pov:

Brimstone: "alright kids, this is going to be a bigger mission than usual, so listen carefully. We have had reports of some unidentified figures, that has overtaken the radiant excavation site on Bennet island in Russia, I need you all to terminate the figures and take back the excavation site. Any questions?"

Phoenix: "uuhhhhh yea, why are you sending us, and not Sova? isn't he from Russia?"

Brimstone: "Sova is on a separate mission, and someone here is quite acquaintance with the location, am I right Yoru?"

Yoru: "yes, I have been there a few times, but why do I have to drag all of them with me?"

Jett: "yeah why do I have to go with them, isn't it cold in Russia?"

Brimstone: "Look, the report states that the assailants are radiants, so we can't take any chances"

Phoenix: "alright alright, but why do we have to take Chronos with us? its been a month and I haven't seen any emotion from that guy even once, and he never talks to anyone. Actually I haven't seen him outside the shooting range once."

Brimstone: "if you have seen him in the shooting range, then you'll understand why he is on the team"

Yoru: "I actually understand Chronos, no one could ever smile while in the same room as you phoenix"

Phoenix: "you aren't any better buddy"

Yoru: "how can you say that, people actually like being around me"

Phoenix: "alright then we can settle this fair and easy, whoever can't make Chronos smile is gonna pay for dinner"

Yoru: "Alright, prepare to get your wallet out 馬鹿野郎"

Brimstone: "alright, this concludes the meeting, you'll depart in 2 days, if anyone gets hurt, sage will be ready to treat you when you get back."

Everyone gets up to leave, and. they quickly part ways to do their own chores. 

1 day later...

Brimstone: "alright everyone, we are close to Bennet islands now, Jett and Chronos you will secure the vantage point and move to Phoenix and Yoru afterwards. Phoenix and Yoru, you will secure the excavation site and wait for Jett and Chronos to secure the route to the vantage point. After you all have finished the mission, the Vulture will wait on you at the vantage point. 

Everyone on the Vulture can hear Brimstones loud voice through the intercoms on the vulture. Jett loads her Vandal and walks to the door of the Vulture, she glances over to Y/n who loads up his Operator and places it on his back before walking up beside Jett. 

Phoenix: "Hey Chronos, What did the triangle say to the circle?"

Y/n: "..."

Phoenix: "You're pointless, ahahahahah...ha..... damn..."

Yoru: "the only thing that is pointless is you"

Jett: "Ha, good one Yoru, see you guys"

Jett jumps out of the Vulture and is quickly followed by Y/n, they both swiftly land on the snow. Y/n, quickly recons the surrounding area, before confirming the route to the excavation site.  Y/n and Jett slowly advance towards the excavation site, they move as cautiously as possible using as few movement as possible, conserving energy in such an unforgiving environment is key to a succesful mission. 

Jett: "the snow I going all the way up to my knee, this place could honestly just be called an icebox."

Y/n: "Quiet, someones coming towards us"

Jett and Y/n quickly ready their firearms as three soldiers covered in armour from head to toe approach them. the wind begins to gather around Jett and as Y/n crouches down on the snow taking aim with his operator at one of the men coming towards.

Y/n: "approach them, and get some info, I have your back"

Jett slowly approach the two men, and they quickly react by pulling out their guns, she slowly walks up to them to start a conversation. but to both her and Y/ns surprise, they began to open fire, Y/n quickly unalives one before aiming at the next, but Jett seems to have a bit of trouble as bullets rain towards her, she manages to dodge them with her radiant ability's, but before even she with her ability's could react the ground beneath her, which was to their surprise ice, cracked. 

Jett fell down into the now known Icelake they were on, as Y/n could only watch her fall into the lake. the two perpetrators redirected their guns towards Y/n, but before they could turn fully, they dropped down to the ground with knife stabs implanted in their necks. Y/n appeared in front of the cracked ice, uttering only a single word.

Y/n: "Fuck"