chapter 1.

"ugh hurry up and get out of the bathroom you're taking so long!" i say to my older sister maddy as i'm trying to get ready for school.

"i'm almost done! oh and btw nate is gonna pick us up today!" i didn't really mind nate he was just really protective and him and maddy have always been toxic. 5 minutes pass and maddy comes out of the bathroom.

i do my normal routine for school, take a shower, brush my teeth, do my makeup, and then do my hair. finally as me and maddy are done getting ready nate texts her.

Nate 💘
maddy i'm outside.
okay omw!

me and maddy get into nate's truck as he says "hey xiomara, hey maddy". and after gives maddy a kiss. "hey" i say being disgusted even though i've seen them kiss 1000 times.

after what felt like a very long car ride i finally arrived to school. i start walking to my 1st hour and as i arrive i text rue.
(bold is xiomara)

Rue Rue 💕

heyy i'm so bored i hate 1st hour 🙄
me too, wanna meet up in the bathroom?
yea fs! let me tell this bitch ass teacher if i can go
okayy 😭

as i'm walking to the bathroom i see rue in the halls and walk up to her. "hey rue rue" i say then giving her a hug. "hey mara" she replies calling me by my nickname then hugging me back. "soo i was thinking today we could hangout maybe go to my dealers? i'm low on weed." rue said. i didn't like the idea of rue doing drugs, but it didn't make me see her in a different way. "okay sure let me just text maddy and let her know." i say.

Hermanita 💟
hey mads ima go with rue after school today
okay i'll let mami know when i get home
thanks tqm 🫶🏼
tqm 💕💕

"alright i'm good to go but i better get back to class before ms ugly ass bitch gives me detention" i say to rue. "alr meet me in the front doors after school" rue says. "okay bye rue rue cya laterrrr" i say to her. "bye xo cya" she says calling me by my other nickname and walks off.

after what felt like 5000 hours  school finally ended. i start walking to the front doors like i told rue i would meet her at. as i get there i see she's already there.

"okay so my dealers live like 2 blocks from here" i nod my head in response and follow rue to her dealers. on the way there we talked about a lot of random different things, such like nate and maddy, what type of drugs rue would get, and a lot more but that isn't important.

after walking for about a minute of silence rue says "hey there's a party tomorrow night wanna go ?" i wasn't really the type of person who goes to parties every weekend and never get tired of them, but i have been to many since maddy always pushes me to go. "yeah sure" i reply giving her a small smile. "okay do you needa ride or anything ?" rue asks me. "nah maddy will probably go i'll get a ride from her" i reply. "alright then". rue says.

we arrive at the store and walk in. when i walked in i see a red bearded man and a kid who looks around my age but has face tats and a slit in his eyebrow.

"yo rue who's this" the man with a beard says. "hey im xiomara" i say, i notice the boy who i assume is my age starring at me. we make eye contact for a quick second before rue goes "so like you got weed".

i feel the boys eyes still staring at me and i slowly look up. he hasn't talked this whole time i've been here. tbh he's attractive but i knew nothing about him, not even his name. anyways rue and the bearded man went to the back to get i'm guessing drugs. as soon as they walk off i say "what's your name?" he just stares at me for a second but then says "you don't gotta know". well that's embarrassing so to break the silence i say "okay what's your friends name?" not knowing if they even knew each other. "fezco but call him fez" he says while on his phone. "okay thanks" i say , after that it was pretty much silence but i could feel him staring at me when he got off his phone. after a minute or so rue and fez come out of the freezer.

"you're not gonna get snacks mara?" rue says "oh yea hold up". i get my snacks and go up to the counter "that'll be 6.54" fez says. i pay and as we're leaving i hear fez yell "yo xiomara you're just gonna leave without giving ash your number?" huh? so his name is ash. "he wouldn't even tell me his name why give him my number" i yell back. i start walking again and as i am i hear ash and fez talking about me, "bro you don't think she's cute or why didn't you tell her your name could've got her number" fez says to ash "bro i don't even know her why would she needa know my name" ash says.