chapter 20

a couple weeks passed and me and ash were doing so good and had many dates but we still haven't made it official. we just knew we were each others. maybe we didn't even need to make it official since we already knew but i don't know i've only ever had one boyfriend before and i mean he asked me in a pretty amazing way.
-
*1 year ago*

maddy picked me up from soccer practice and when we were sitting in her car in the parking lot she looked me up and down. "good thing i always have a makeup bag for emergencies" she says and i look confused. "trust me ok" she says and i still have a confused face "uhh ok?" i say still being confused and she takes my hair down from my bun then starts to brush it. "ewww you're so sweaty, here." she says then reaches in the backseat grabbing a towel and starts wiping my face and the back of my neck. "maddy whats going on?" i ask. she's acting weird like really weird. she just starts smiling then handing me a eyelash curler, mascara, and lipgloss. i just go along with it, my birthday was in a week maybe a surprise party? we had finally gotten home and maddy insisted i open the door and she walked behind me. when i opened the door this is what i saw.

i was in shock

i was in shock. it was so cute and i knew exactly who it was. my childhood bestfriend jose, me and him have known eachother since we were little and have always been close. but we've always liked eachother, i mean like always. we were just to scared to tell eachother, but we both knew. i looked back at maddy and i almost had tears in my eyes, happy tears of course. she was recording and was putting her hand out signaling for me to go to my room. i walked up the starts and rose petals were all over them and i open my room door to this.

i walked closer to my bed and look at the pictures, it was pictures of me and jose

i walked closer to my bed and look at the pictures, it was pictures of me and jose. i started to tear up and then i look at my desk and see this.

it says, "when they ask me, what's the best thing that has happened to me

it says, "when they ask me, what's the best thing that has happened to me. i think of you and smile". i started to cry a little and then wiped the tear. jose came out of my bathroom holding a teddy bear and a open heart box. i read it and it says *quieres ser mi novia* (do you want to be my girlfriend.)

there were no words

there were no words. i was speechless. he did all this for me. i just hug him and nod my head. he pulls away and wipes my tears then kisses me. and that's how he asked me, i mean i wasn't expecting ash to ask me like that but maybe just asking me would've been good.
-
so as you saw he asked me in a pretty unforgettable way and treated me good until...
-
*5 months ago*
"SIEMPRE ASES LA MISMA COSA XIOMARA DÉJAME EN PAZ NO TE QUIERO VETE A LA VERGA" (you always do the same thing xiomara leave me alone i don't love you fuck you.)  jose says to me while i'm sobbing "YO NO ISO NADA JOSE QUE TE PASA ESTABAS TOMANDO VERDAD?" i answer him and he just looks at me and then slaps me. "QUE TE PASA JOSE GET THE FUCK OUT" i say while tears are rolling down my eyes and he gets out of my room. that night i didnt go down for dinner and the next morning didn't go to school, i just cried into my pillow. i had gotten hundreds of messages and calls from jose and he even tried to come inside my house but maddy wouldn't let him.
-
a couple days had passed and i finally decided to answer jose.

"mi amor perdóname i was drinking" jose says to me "pinche pendejo te crees que todavía estamos juntos? if so you're wrong. leave me alone, no te quiero ver. déjame en paz." *fucking dumbass you think we're still together?* *i don't wanna see you. leave me alone.* i say to him before i hang up and let out a sigh and get out of bed.
-
*present time*
there was a party tonight and me and ash had planned on going and matching outfits. so i was getting ready while maddy was rushing me "XIOMARA PEREZ HURRY THE FUCK UP BEFORE WE LEAVE WITH YOU LOOKING LIKE THAT PENDEJA" i hear from maddys room and just roll my eyes. finally i let down my last curl from my curling iron "YA CALLATE PENDEJA IM DONE" i scream to maddy. she comes in my room and says "my little sister all grown up and with a boyfriend" i roll my eyes "i don't have a boyfriend" i say and she laughs "yeah okk whatever" she says as she's walking down the hall and i follow her.
-
we finally get to the party and i go to find ash. i see him on a couch with a random girl kissing him. i immediately start crying and go to the kitchen and get the ice bucket and dump it on him then water. then i punch the girl "OW MY NOSE YOU BROKE IT" she says, "TO FUCKING BAD HOE" i say and knock her to the floor. ash gets up trying to take me off and i push him, "DONT YOU EVEN DARE FUCKING TOUCH ME PINCHE MENSO" i say to ash and run away. i knew i had to do something to get back at him so i grab ashton and pull him right next to ashtray and i start to kiss him. "THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU HES MY BESTFRIEND" i hear ashtray day and i go over to him and slap him then leave. i call maddy to go outside and she comes running and just holds me while i'm sobbing into her white dress. "it's okay it's okay he's a dick he's not worth it mara you deserve so much more ok?" she says to me, "i love you maddy so much so so so much" i say to her then we see ash running to me. we both run to the car and leave.