A promise ring ?

Jimin was stunned by the word "prince" uttered to him; he couldn't believe what he had just heard. Jimin's eyes went wide in shock after realizing the weight of the words that had just been spoken.

"Yes... Hyung... I am in love," Jungkook continued what he was saying to Jimin, cupping Jimin's face and locking eyes with him.

Jungkook wasn't just happy; he was so, so happy. After months of grappling with these feelings and searching for the reason why he felt such a strong connection to Jimin, Jungkook couldn't describe the euphoria he was feeling. He felt light, as if he had discovered the reason for his happiness, the purpose of his life — to love and be loved. 'A relief to my soul... My cause of euphoria, hyung... You made me into someone I've never been before... You made me feel something else... Something I can't describe in words... You made my life meaningful, hyung... I found it, hyung... I am yours... Please make me yours.'

Jimin looked into Jungkook's eyes, eyes that always displayed a myriad of emotions. Now, Prince's eyes were determined, as if he had discovered something he had been searching for for years. His eyes seemed to ask permission from Jimin, as if inviting him to drown in their magic. But did Jimin have the right to do so?

"Your... Your Highness?" Jimin asked, breaking the eye contact with the prince. He immediately looked down, still standing there. Jungkook observed Jimin's upper eyelid and felt a pang of regret from Jimin's last action. However, he wasn't retreating when he knew what he felt for the older.

"You can leave," Jungkook answered Jimin and withdrew his hand from Jimin's face. He released Jimin from his grip and distanced himself to make his way out. 'I know my feelings, hyung. These feelings have made me even crazier for you. I want you to understand what you mean to me.'

Jimin realized that Prince had released him, prompting him to hastily make his way outside. Unsure of what Prince had been doing moments before, Jimin chose to leave the situation immediately. His heart pounded fast, and the shining eyes of Prince stirred emotions within him that he had never experienced before. These were the same eyes with which he gazed into the ocean, the eyes that sought out stars before bedtime, and the eyes that stared at the moon. Jimin, unaware of his own feelings, preferred to escape with his racing heart.

Jungkook observed how Jimin hurriedly left the room. "Don't run, hyung, because the feelings inside me are driving me even more crazy for you," Jungkook murmured, looking at the back of Jimin until he disappeared from his sight.

.

.

.

"I want you to marry Princess Tiara," the King began, but his own son interrupted him at the dining table, causing everyone to look at the Prince in shock. It was unprecedented for the Prince to break the rules, let alone oppose the King's decisions. However, the King's own blood was challenging the established norms.

"I don't want," Jungkook said calmly, fully aware that all eyes would be on him as if he had committed a sin. Yet, he no longer cared about societal expectations. His focus had shifted entirely to what he truly desired; from now on, he disregarded anything else in the world.

The three Queens looked at their only Prince, while the King tightened his grip on a tumbler, suppressing his anger and inquiring, "Why?" He stared directly into the Prince's eyes, knowing that his son was on the verge of assuming the throne.