01 - Enlisted || Part2

Your eyes adjust to the light and you see her. Hair as white as snow tied up in a bun, knife brandished, floating delicately over her hand. The wind powered radiant. Next to her stood another young woman with glasses, a green beanie and a large yellow jacket who began greeting you along with the other agents. Completely ignoring the woman in the yellow jacket's greeting, you run back into the ship taking cover. You watch as Phoenix, just as shocked as you, pulls out his sidearm and positions himself to shoot. "What is she doing here?! Don't tell me you offered her a job too, Brim." Brimstone sticks his hand up, signaling to Phoenix to hold his fire as he introduces Phoenix to the agent known as Jett and explains what's going on.

"Wait, so you're saying there's another Earth with evil versions of us and the agent I was fighting is one of the "mirror" agents, right" Phoenix confirms hesitantly as Sage convinces you to come back out. She explains that they are going to question and interview you, distracting you long enough for Viper to put hand cuffs on you. You shout out in protest and Brimstone explains that it was just another precaution and not to worry. 'How can I not worry after everything that's just happened?' You think as Sage motions for you to follow them. Everything that happened in Venice hits you like a train as you follow Brimstone in the direction of the woman with glasses and of course, Jett. You get closer and you begin to sweat as your legs start shaking uncontrollably. The agent wearing glasses notices your body language and you just barely hear her whisper to Jett: 

"Apologize on behalf of your doppelganger, Ja? Try not to make 'em more nervous, otherwise they might not give us the information we need. Oh and maybe put that knife away" as she walks to the side with Phoenix to exchange and organize details from the mission. Jett greets you with a warm, friendly smile and apologizes for her mirror double as she puts away her knife. Despite the agent in the large yellow jacket's motivation being information, Jett sounds genuine in her apology so you give her the benefit of the doubt.

"No need to say sorry, I know it wasn't your fault but thanks, nice meeting you." You respond, Jett's hospitable tone making you less anxious, before catching up with Brimstone, Viper and Sage. 

The Valorant H.Q. is absolutely massive and as you make your way to the room where they'll question you, you can't help but take short pauses to stare through the windows of some of the rooms. You want to ask questions about H.Q but remember your question from before and Viper's intimidating and blunt tone. 'Shit, she's scary' You think to yourself as you stare at the back of her head. A few seconds later you pass a couple of other agents who look at you with confused and curious faces. One of them is a young woman, wearing green cargo pants, a cropped armored top with paint splatters and a baseball cap paired with headphones. The other one has long, ginger hair, a full beard and moustache along with shiny, robotic prosthetic arms. 'Shit, he's scary. Wait, are those grenades on her belt?!' You think as you pass them, not really getting a good look but after Venice your opinions of what's possible are completely different to those of a few hours ago. Compared to a floating city, grenades are pretty low-key.

After a minute or so the three agents stop abruptly and you walk straight into Brimstone being on autopilot and not realizing they stopped walking. "Oh shit sorry dude." You say instinctively due to your lack of formal interactions since First Light. Your stomach drops and you're yelling at and berating yourself internally as Brimstone turns around and gives you an annoyed look. You break eye contact and notice Sage smiling, succeeding in stifling her laugh. Behind her stands Viper giving you a cold, disapproving look. 'What a great first impression' you think as you watch Viper open the door to the interrogation room.

As you look into the bland interrogation room, you see another agent sitting at a table. There's a couple glasses of water on the table and an empty chair opposite to him. This agent had a mask that covered his entire face, a tan colored hat and a long coat of the same color with bronze and blue accents. Viper and Sage remain outside of the room but Brimstone enters and stands in a corner.