08 - The Kingdom's Monastery

You hop off the Vulture and you take in your surroundings. Smoke fills the air you breathe and destruction surrounds you. You see the pillars of basalt behind the aircraft as it takes off. Ash is flowing with the wind and sticks onto your mission suit as it dances in the air surrounding you.

You're currently on a recon mission. Cypher and Sova have gathered intel that led Brimstone to believe the mirror agents would invade the Thimpu, Bhutan Kingdom facility in a week's time. So here you are, walking up the steps to a small room facing radianite storage site A.

"In position Brim" You report to Brimstone

"Anything out of the ordinary to report?" He asks

"No, or at least not yet."

You examine the area and move onto the next site, B site. You notice nothing out of the ordinary so you report that B and A site are clear and that you're about to move onto radianite storage site C. You examine the area and deem it clear so you walk back to the pickup area and sit on the steps leading to the small room viewing A site.

"Facility, cleared. Requesting picku-" You begin before you hear footsteps and voices reminiscent of your co-workers.

"Scratch that, Requesting backup."

"Sending backup. What intel have you gathered?"

"They're pushing storage site B quickly. It sounds like there's four of them."

"They're early..." He mumbles

"Do not engage until we arrive, that's an order."

"E.T.A?" You ask as you remove your Ghost from your utility belt.

"4 minutes, stay hidden, keep us updated."

As Brimstone stops talking you crawl up to the entrance of B site to try and see what they're doing, technically not disobeying orders. You see your friends' mirror doubles entering and securing the site lazily, thinking they've fooled the protocol into thinking they'd show up later. You see an alternate Killjoy, Phoenix, Omen and Viper.

"Site secured, planting the spike." Viper says, possibly reporting to their headquarters.

Mirror Omen begins to plant and Killjoy sets up her swarm grenades around the spike.

"Those donuts have absolutely no idea we're here." Phoenix says snootily with a chuckle

Viper sounds the same but Phoenix sounds a lot more annoying than the Phoenix you know.

"Evacuate site in 10 seconds, I have my swarms down." you hear mirror Killjoy say

You retreat back to your spot and report to headquarters.

"They've planted, hurry up!" You whisper loudly.

"I don't think we're gonna make it, kid. You need to defuse. I have the coordinates of all entrances to B site, I'll smoke 'em for you but after that you're on your own. We'll be there in two minutes, move fast, agent." Brimstone responds

Your knees go weak and you work up a sweat. You brandish your measly pistol and return to the entrance quickly. You see Brimstone's smokes go down and you walk into the on covering the entrance you're at. You carefully exit the smoke and clear the site. You kneel next to the spike and remove your defuser.

You begin to defuse and suddenly neon pink and blue surround you as you feel a stabbing pain all through-out your body. You wince in pain as you jump away from the spike, extremely fatigued, dizzy and sore.

'Shit, Killjoy's grenades.' You think as you wait for the swarm to fade.

You crawl back to it, wielding your knife. You destroy mirror Killjoy's nano-swarms and continue defusing. You go into your water-like state as you defuse and your eyelids begin to feel heavier. You hear footsteps on grass and concrete getting closer along with the sound of the Vulture flying overhead.