019

Warning for pure smut at the end—also should not have written this high because 🥵

—————

Eddie had woken before Talia, the brunette girl still securely held in his arms. At some point in the night, she had rolled over in her sleep and snaked her arms around his torso. Lifting his arm to check the time on his watch, he was satisfied to see it wasn't even seven o'clock yet.

Chrissy's funeral started at noon, which meant Eddie still had time to savor the feeling of peace Talia's presence brought him. He rested his hand on the back of her head, slowly stroking her hair as he found himself replaying last night over in his head.

She loves him.

Talia Wheeler had finally professed her love for him, and Eddie couldn't of been happier. It made him feel better about all the shit happening to him at the moment—made him forget about it, for just a little bit. Eddie wanted to scream it from the rooftops, that he loves Talia Wheeler and she loves him.

Part of him felt silly for how happy it made him. He was some metal head, D&D playing, stoner freak—yet, here he was, butterflies filling his stomach at just the thought of her.

He was worried, too—how would people react to the freak being with Talia Wheeler? The girl might of had an unfavorable reputation, but it didn't change the fact that most of Hawkins saw her as somewhat of a golden girl. Even after she had withdrawn from her usual crowd after Billy's death, Talia had still been one of the most popular girls at school. Eddie could only imagine the reaction of the town when they found out—if they found out.

There was also the issue of him being Hawkins most wanted. Eddie feared what would happen to Talia when the cops found him. He wouldn't be able to save her from the aftermath.

None of that mattered though. Not at the moment, at least. All that mattered to Eddie was that Talia was asleep in his arms and that she loves him.

He pressed his lips to the top of her head, shifting slightly to get more comfortable before letting his eyes slip shut again.

A little over an hour had passed before Eddie was pulled from his light sleep. Talia had awakened slightly, her body tense as she slowly stretched. Grumbling lowly, she tried burying her head further into Eddie's chest, her eyelids scrunching at the sunlight that beamed across her face.

Eddie brought his hand to his face, lazily rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He glanced at his watch, "It's eight," he said softly, knowing the girl was most definitely not a morning person.

"No," Talia whined, not moving from her spot. She felt Eddie's chest rumble as he chuckled. Her head tilted down to hide her smile from him.

"You gotta get up, T," Eddie insisted, slipping his hand under the back of her shirt and trailing his fingers along her spine.

"I hate you," she mumbled, yawning. Her eyes slowly opened and she lifted her head, setting her chin on his chest and looking him in the face.

He grinned at her, "No, you don't."

Talia unconsciously began to smile, pressing her lips to his briefly. She shook her head slightly, "No, I don't."

"You love me," Eddie teased, heart beating faster as he continued hiding his nervousness with a cheeky grin.

"I love you," she agreed, blushing slightly.

"I love you," he repeated.

"I know."