029

After retrieving four bikes from the Wheelers garage, the five teens set off for the trailer park. Talia held tightly onto Eddie's shoulders as they made their way through Hawkins, the girl having been unofficially voted to ride on the back of one of the other four.

When they finally reached the Munson trailer, Talia was quick to hop off the back of the bike. Eddie waited till she was fully off before standing and throwing his leg over the bike, letting it fall to the ground as the other teens did the same.

"That's gotta be a Guinness World Record," Robin breathed out, beginning to approach the front door of the trailer, "most miles traveled interdimensionally."

"Just inhaled a bunch of that crap," Steve complained, coughing harshly, "It's stuck in my throat." Talia grimaced, following closely behind Eddie as he threw open the trailer's door. The rest filed in after them.

"That's disgusting," Talia muttered, nose scrunched up as she stared at the pulsating gate on the ceiling of the living room.

"Goddamn."

"This is where Chrissy died," Eddie said softly, a distant look in his eyes as he mentally relived the horrific event, "like, right where she died."

Robin couldn't pull her eyes away from the gate as something dark moved against it, "I think there's something in there."

"What the hell is that?" questioned Eddie, all five teens intently watching as something began poking through the slimy film that covered the gate. Robin yelped as it finally burst through, the red film disintegrating with a disgusting squelch. They all flinched back, Eddie shoving Talia behind him.

The long stick that had poked through the gate continued to thrash around, clearing out more of the goop that hung from the hole in the ceiling. Carefully, Steve began to approach it—the others slowly trailing behind him.

"No way," Steve said, eyes focused on whatever was on the other side.

Talia felt relief as Dustin's giggles sounded out from above them, the girl and Munson boy moving closer so that they could see through the gate.

"Hi there!" Dustin called, looking up at the teens from their world with Max, Lucas and Eric.

The five teens called back their own greetings, wide smiles on their lips as they stared up at the younger teens in a mixture of relief and joy.

"Holy shit, this is trippy," Robin said, Talia nodding in agreement from where she stood beside her.

"Okay, as much as I'm loving this whole little reunion right now, how the fuck are we getting out of here?" Talia called, her voice coming out scratchy as her throat burned.

"Good question," Dustin said, glancing around his surroundings as he tried to come up with a plan. He perked up, glancing up at the teens still stuck in the Upside Down, "Stay right there! I have an idea!"

"Where else would we go?" Talia questioned, the other teens sharing equally confused glances as the four teens above them disappeared. She stayed close to Eddie as their escape was formed, feeling anxious. He pulled her back into his chest, loosely wrapping his arms around her and tucking her head under his chin. Talia relaxed into his hold, bringing her hands to rest on Eddie's arms which had snaked under his jacket she wore. His hands laid flat against her flesh, his thumb rubbing soothing circles.

Eventually, the younger teens appeared above them once again. Max and Lucas had carried Eddie's bed out from his room, plopping the mattress down onto the floor beneath the hole in the ceiling. Talia pulled her lips into her mouth as she took in the multiple stains on his sheet. Eddie hid a chuckle, feigning innocence as he stared up at them, as well.