2

-Bennys POV-

I fell asleep with my phone in my hand from the other night. Another almost sleepless night with reading old texts. A text that Serena sent that has really been at the back of my head was "You can continue being the biggest asshole but I want to let you know one thing, my love I had for you will never be replaced, I bet you will end up looking for me in every girl you touch" 

She was right, I do look for her. I rub my eyes and get up, I have to get to work soon. I work at Vincents drug store, it bring me back a little bit of nostalgia. It reminds me of fifteen year old me rushing to go buy new baseballs to play with the boys and Serena till the sun went down on summer days.

I change into a white t-shirt and blue jeans. And not going to lie, I do check myself out in the mirror, I like to look at my muscles light press through my shirt. 

I head downstairs to greet my mom who has made me toast. "Good morning ma" I said kissing her cheek. "Good morning mijo" she says smiling handing me my breakfast. "Don't forget Benny your cousin is coming next week" she says massages the back of my shoulders. "Yes yes mom I know, I have to go to work now" I said trying o wiggle out of her grip. She smiles and says "ok mijo, see you soon, be careful please"

I nod my head at my mom while walking out the front door to let her know I heard her. I bite my toast and do my usual look at Serenas house. Her car is still in the drive way, shes still asleep. That might sound creepy but she has always woken up at the same time for her whole life.

I always walk to work since there's no point in driving there, because not to flatter myself or anything but since I was a little boy I got faster at walking to the sandlot. Anyways, whenever I get to work I always pass the sandlot. And the boys are still there, playing the game that never ends. I make sure I walk by like I don't care so I don't draw attention to myself. 

Its still the same as I last played on it, which was years ago.

-

I got to work and clocked in. Thankfully once of my teammates also worked here, so I didn't feel as lonely in the mornings. His name is Brady, and close 2nd to being the best batter on our team. The first being me of course..

-

-Serenas POV-

The sun peaked through my window, shining in my eyes. I groaned and pulled the covers over me. I sat up and realized my friends are still here. Vera was already awake scrolling on her phone. "Hey beautiful" she smiles at me. I smile while yawning at the same time. "Good morning Vera, how'd you sleep?" I asked. "I slept good" she smiles. I looked around to see Selena and Ale passed out on the ground. I look at Vera and we both laugh but shushing ourselves so we don't wake them.

"Ugh girl, I don't wanna go to school tomorrow" she says slapping her forehead. "Me either" I frown. "But you get to see your guy" I say trying to brighten her up. "omggg Serenaaa, making me blush this early" she says playfully hitting my arm. I say nothing but smile.

"What about you girl, when you gonna have a guy?' she asks sitting up next to me. "sheesh, hm I don't know. never" I say bluntly. Vera shakes her head. "Imma find you someone" she says. I shrug.....

-

Yesterday Vera wanted to vist the sandlot, but Selena and Ale aren't really into that stuff so I offered to take them home, no hard feelings though.

we hoped into my car and dropped of Selena and Ale off. e and Charlie are going to hangout today so after the sandlot we are going to go to lunch but ofc we will drop off era at her house.

-

We arrive at the sandlot and I hope out. "Serena!! Serena", the boys come running towards me with open arms tackling me onto the grass, "Hey guys!", they all start to get off me and Charlie gives me his hand to pull me up, he smiles and gives me a causal hug. "Hey Serena" he says. "Hi" I smile back. "What are you doing here?" they ask me. "My friend here Vera wanted to visit, and maybe play a game" I say tugging her by her arm. "Hi nice to meet you all" she says smiling. the boys wave at her. "jeez, you guys have grown so tall" I say looking at all of them