4

-Bennys POV-

As the sun fell, Adrian and I stayed in my room, it was silent between us since we were doing homework. We have been working for hours, "Why don't we take a break?" Adrian breaks the silence.. "Sure, why not" I skoot all my school stuff to one side of my bed. Adrian came to sit next to me on my bed, I knew what he wanted to talk about. "Let me guess, you wanna hear about Serena" I raise an eyebrow. He shakes his head yes and I sigh heavily..

"Fine, well where do I start." Adrian is silent and listens to what I have to say.. "We were inseparable, nothing parted our ways, we were attached to hip since we were able to walk, we always remained best friends because of how close our parents were, and we played baseball together all day everyday in the summer and during the school year, we had sleepovers, went to the fair, all that stuff." Adrian interrupts with a question, "Is she why you stopped playing baseball at the sandlot?"I frown and shake my head yes.

I will continue my story. "We remained friends up until our teen years, my feelings for her were so radiant, the sandlot boys could see it to, and it was the first time iv ever felt this way about a girl so i was lost, i tried hiding it but every time i saw her she brought even more light into the room. So we entered 10th grade, and that's when we made it official, i asked her to be my girlfriend at the sandlot, and i kissed her on the ferris wheel at the fair that happens every summer, it was the best time of my life, i was so happy with her, until i had to move away." Adrian says, "My mom told me about you moving away", "Yes, I did, and it ruined the best thing I had in my life, I even loved her more than baseball", Adrians eyes widened..

"I broke up with her", "what?" Arian says very concerned, "But now you want her back?" he questions again, "Let me finish Adrian... i broke up with her and i regret it to this day, i broke up with her and got with someone new, someone so toxic i dreaded waking up, i never went to play baseball with them, they made me lose my spark for baseball, she would party every weekend and get me drunk, i kissed her, and i regret it. Every Time i was with her I imagined it was Serena, all I wanted was to be touched by Serena but I felt that if I wanted to have that feeling again I had to get it from someone else..", "What was her name?" adrian asks. "Isa," I said, very ashamed.

"All that happened, and Serena's step mom was getting married to her dad and i was invited to the wedding, both me and Serena thought we were ready for each other, we were so excited to see each other, and when i came for the wedding i stayed at her house, i even slept in her bed in the mornings and hugged her, and i felt like she was mine again, but she was still so hurt, i could tell, that's why her now new boy best friend Charlie is so protective over her, he would do anything to make sure she's okay, and i respect that, i just hated him so much because i felt he was taking her away from me, when he really was just doing a better job than me..that night of the wedding was probably one of the worst nights of my life, she was outside of the venue balling her eyes out, i tried to hug her but she didn't want anything to do with me, she said falling for me was a mistake, i tried to make her take it back but i couldn't her emotions were so raw, then she said we can maybe find each other in the future, i asked if that's what she really wanted and she said yes, and i left. And that was the end of it, we have never spoken since, and when I moved back into this house I saw her everyday, it's karma for letting the best thing to happen to me go ''.. I finish my story and lean back on the wall, I stare at my bedding, finally telling someone the whole story made me realize how I have not recovered, "I still love her so much," I whisper.

"Wow Benny" Adrian says, "I don't even know what to say" he looks at me, "Things happen for a reason primo" he reassures me. "I want her to come back to be" I rest my hands on my palms. "And now she is more beautiful than ever, she grew up exactly how i pictured, perfect height perfect skin,hair,lips,eyes, she has it all, but she can't even look at me or even say a word to me", "She is pretty beautiful", adrian says to himself. I pick my head up and look at him confused. "Just the truth, but don't worry primo she's yours" he laughs. I punch his arm and laugh and hold him arm in pain...