5

The Weekend

-Bennys POV-

I lie in bed, staring at the nothingness of my ceiling, I slept in pretty late today, but honestly, I needed the rest. Especially as my head does all this overthinking. 

I was invited to a party, along with my cousin who seems to be getting popular. 

Who's party you make ask? Veras party, Serenas best friends party. I don't even know her but she invited me, she's always staring at me whispering to Serena. I was kind of nervous but maybe this was my chance to talk to Serena. 

The party didn't start till later tonight, so I had a shift to cover at the shop.

I sit up from my bed and look around to see Adrain not there, hes probably in the living  room.

I begin to get ready for work.

-

-Serenas POV-

Its Vera's birthday party today, she told me who she invited last night. I pretended like it didn't bother me. Yes she is my best friend but, I still can't bring myself to talk about Benny.

Vera was so excited for her day, and I didn't want to ruin it. I already gave myself a pep talk of who i'm sticking too. Charlie is going so I won't be as nervous.

Vera invited me to her house to hangout before the party. It starts at 8.  I packed up all my stuff i'm going to need for tonight, makeup, outfit, perfume, heels, all the things.

-

I drive myself over to Veras house, and she greeted me at the front door with open arms and a smile on her face. "Happy birthday Vera!" I shout. She squeals and brings me into a hug. "I am so excited!" she announced. "Me too!" I say, before saying anything else she grabs my hand and pulls me inside her house leading me up to her room.

"What are you wearing tonight?" she asks me, "Mmm pink dress, white heels, how about the birthday girl?", 'Red dress and black heels with a birthday crown of course", "I am so excited Benny is coming, I can't believe he really said he'd come!" she says brushing her long dark hair, "Me too" I slightly smile.

"You have no idea how much I like him Serena!", she smiles ear to ear hugging me showing how much energy she has talking about him.

It's funny because that's how I used to feel, I felt so many butterflies around him. They where so uncontrollable.

Vera blushed, making her cheeks as rosy as can be.

"Here open my gift!" I say changing the subject. "She spends the cute gift bag and reveled a necklace, that fit her perfectly. "Omg Serena!, it so beautiful!" "Thank you!" she hugs me, "You are the best, here help me put it on."

She lifts her hair and I hook the necklace onto her. It looked great.

She looks at herself in her mirror and smiles, "I love it!"

-

-Bennys POV-

It's been slow at the shop today, not many kids buying baseballs anymore. I kick my feet up onto the counter, and Adrian calls me..

Adrain: Dude 

Me: yea?

Adrain: you know Serena is gonna be there right?

Me: well duh, they are best friends Adrian

Adrian: Well, are you gonna talk to her?

Me: that's probably a bad idea