Chapter Nineteen

Goku manged to keep calm.

Even as Trunks delivered his foul news and lost consciousness.

The Saiyan didn't give anything away. He stayed calm and collected as he turned and looked at the others.

"Goku, what's wrong?" Uub asked, giving him a questioning look.

Goku looked at the boy. He was the only one close to Emily. Piccolo and Pan where beside him.

Kabito, I could use your help right now. I need a place to go, he sent the Kai, praying he would answer. Then he answered young Uub.

"Come here a sec," Goku told the Human, acting nonchalant. Confused, Uub walked forward until he was standing a few feet from the Saiyan. Goku smiled at him before putting himself between the Truffle and the others.

"Why don't you tell us the real reason why you're here, Emily?" Goku asked, titling his head. He could feel the others' eyes on his back. Emily's never left his.

"I'm here, just the same way you are. I'm hiding from Lord Baby," she answered.

"No, you're spying for him," Piccolo figured out. Goku nodded.

"Even if I had doubts before, now I don't. None of us would refer to him as 'Lord Baby'."

Emily looked between the Saiyan and the Namekian. Sneering, she let her Human appearance fade away, exposing her purple skin. Suddenly, another figure with purple skin appeared. But Goku didn't panic. He recognized the energy.

"Quick! Grab on!" Goku shouted. Pan, Uub and Piccolo didn't hesitate. They each placed a hand on Goku as he placed a hand on Kabito Kai.

Just as Emily was launching at them, they disappeared, leaving the mountain room behind. It was replaced with green grass and a blue sky, not unlike Earth. The only difference was the two extra moons that hung in the sky.

"Ahhh... Well, if it isn't Goku," an old, withered voice stated. The four turned around.

A short, grey haired Kai was standing before them. His skin was wrinkled as his voice sounded and his eyes drooped. But you could see the fire still left in them.

"Hey Old Kai!" Goku greeted cheerfully, as if the whole incident in the cave didn't happen.

"Grandpa, how did you know Emily was a Truffle? Before she gave herself away? And what about Trunks and Nate?" Pan questioned.

"They won't be joining us," Goku said sullenly. "Trunks contacted me, telling me that he found out Emily wasn't on our side. I have no idea how. All he told me was that he and Nate probably won't be coming back."

"They were captured," Piccolo said, voicing everyone's thoughts. Goku nodded.

All was quiet until Old Kai spoke.

"Well, I trust your time spent here won't be a waste," he said, looking at the newcomers.

"No, it won't," Goku assured him. "We'll train."

"But Goku, haven't we trained enough?" Uub asked.

"If Trunks was able to be defeated, then we're not strong enough," Piccolo answered bluntly. Goku nodded in agreement.

"Well, if you're going to train, then I think we have a way to help you," Kabito said, looking over at Old Kai, who smiled.

"But, unfortunately, the type of training we're thinking of only concerns Goku. You others will have to find another way," Old Kai informed. The four looked at the Kai's, confused.